Popular Tags: CCotD [+] [View All]
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's that time again! Time to make bubbles out of our spit? No! It's time for another Chit Chatter of the Day! And for CCotD #21, we have the most awesomest one ever! Why has no one yet picked Shebby!?

And because she claims to live in Australia, she can actually be Chit Chatter of the Day and a Bit.

shebby wrote:
Le History:

I was born from an egg on a mountaintop. Wait... That wasn't me. Okay, I'll try again.
It was a dark and stormy night.. What?! Um, how about:

Sheralyn McCrone, handsome, clever and rich, with a comfortable home and a happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her..... Well, that just has to be wrong on SO many counts, but particularly the 21 year old thing, and maybe about be clever and handsome... Makes me sound like a horse.

I am 32 years old, and fancy myself to be the inventor of the word squishy. It is most definitely not true, but I fancy myself, so there.

I am the most happy when curled up on the couch with John, watching Band of Brothers, Platoon, Pride & Prejudice, Happy Gilmore or Hamburger Hill. I am usually also quite happy to be getting my butt handed to me whilst playing racquetball. If you get me drunk enough, I'll try to shove chicken tokens from Loopin' Louey up your nose, but with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

Currently we live in Canberra. It is the capital of Australia, and mostly filled with wretched public servants. But apart from them, it is an awesome place to live, although lacking any beaches. I grew up on the beach, and miss surfing a great deal. We do have a lake or two here, but I would not swim in most of them, for fear of being eaten by the sludge monster that lurks beneath the deep. I think we are going to settle here in Canberra. John is getting jack of the army, and we have made some wonderful friends here too. Now if only we could afford to buy a house here.... Wretched public servants making the cost of property so expensive!!! Come and visit if you want, you are welcome to stay in our spare room and be licked to death by my puppies.

I don't know what else to say. I love bacon.
I love pancakes on my head.
I have a thing for men in uniform. blush I like guns too... But only if they come with men in uniform.

And here come the lies:

1 - I once auditioned for a role in Home and Away. (Long running Aussie soap opera)
2 - If you prick my skin, I won't bleed. Also, if you immerse me in water, I float, therefore making me a witch!!!
3 - I actually really dislike men in uniform. I just pretend to keep John happy.

La la la la la!

Shebby
xxx

Okay, so here are my questions:

1) When did you first use the word "squishy"? If you can't remember, tell us a good story!

2) But what also floats in water?

3) Would you please post a picture of yourself with a pancake on your head?

4) What's your favorite Chit Chat meme?

5) Tell us all about working in a bookstore!

Yay, Shebby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb

C  O  N  G  R  A  T  U  L  A  T  I  O  N  S  ! 

And now, le mouton! ... uuhh, les questions:

1) Are you now fully recovered and ready to create ChitChat mayhem?
2) How many shrimps are there on an average aussie BBQ?
3) Have you ever seen a dropbear?
4) Are your fingers ready for typing, because this thread is going to hurt you know?
5) Give us a short happy song/poem featuring 5 chitchatters.

Enjoy your time in the spotlight and good luck ... you'll need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:

1) When did you first use the word "squishy"? If you can't remember, tell us a good story!

My bestie Georgiana Cavendish - Duchess of Devonshire and I had just got home after a rousing party held by the Whigs and we were beginning to get a little peckish. I rang the servants bell and asked for one of my favourite types of tea to be brought to us. Shortly thereafter we were presented with some lovely hot scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream. The texture of the scones was warm and spongy. They squished a little as you pressed a finger into them. And after supper when Georgiana Cavendish - Duchess of Devonshire, presented me with a lovely bracelet with "BFF" spelled out in diamonds, I declared my heart felt as spongy as a warm scone, and thus squishy was born.

amwiles wrote:

2) But what also floats in water?

If you believe Caddyshack, then poo shaped chocolate bars do! In Australia, we have the Picnic bar. It looks a lot like a poo. I don't know if it floats though.

amwiles wrote:

3) Would you please post a picture of yourself with a pancake on your head?

I will try to this week some time. I need to make sure I look purty, and see if John will then make me pancakes. Then I shall grab the camera and go wild.

amwiles wrote:

4) What's your favorite Chit Chat meme?

It would have to be this one:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/229036
Yeah!!!!

(I don't know how to make code appear as another word. So you guys get the lazy girls version, just the address.)

amwiles wrote:

5) Tell us all about working in a bookstore!

I am going to answer this questions seriously. Hey! I can hear those disgruntled sighs from down here in Canberra! Get comfy and I'll tell you all about it....

I work in a second hand book shop. We buy books from people for store credit (50% of the price that we sell the books for) or 1/3rd for cash. We only take primo books. So no DaVinci codes, sorry. (Actually, we have about 40 copies of DaVinci code out in the back room. We overbought. That's why we wont take your copy. )

We also buy remainder books from various sellers. These are books that the big stores (Like Borders, but Australian - so Angus & Robertson, Dymocks etc.) have sent back to the publishers, and our reps buy them at a discounted rate. So we get to sell them at a vastly discounted rate.

In Australia, publishers like to gouge money from customers, so a book that costs an American (In the USA) $12USD will cost about $24 AUD. Considering that the Aussie dollar is sitting at about 80cents to the US dollar right now, you can see that's gouging pretty chronically. I realise that our exchange rate changes dramatically, but publishers here really do make a crap load of money on top of what would be considered good profit. Yet....! This is capitalism, and we have the whole tyranny of distance thing going on yadda yadda yadda... In the end it means that at my store, we can buy books cheaper and sell them cheaper, and everyone is happy. Quite soon Australia is introducing parallel imports, which should make the price of books a bit cheaper for all Aussies. I think this is a good thing.

Lucky for us we get access to awesome books here in Canberra. This is mostly due to the public servants I was whining about in my intro.

We get a lot of foreign nationals here, plus lots of public servants are better educated than your average Joe, and as a result they like to read. And when they need to cull their collections, they come and see us! So it works out quite well.

Customers are customers no matter where you work, so we get the odd rude person, but we get more than enough awesome people to make up for them. We have several types of customers in the store that have special names. For example, we get in a certain kind of older male, who is quite sexist and talks down to female workers - even the co owner of the store. We call him the OOM - Opinionated Old Man. He is mostly interested in Australian history and politics. He will talk loudly and write off all of your suggestions as ridiculous or unintelligent. This kind of geezer is quite funny, because we often pull the piss out of them once they have left the store. If you didn't laugh it off, you would cry, and they can be really intimidating and quite upsetting. I haven't cried yet, but my best mate L who co owns the store has been reduced to tears once or twice due to OOM's.

But as I said, the majority of customers are just fantastic. Because people who come into our store generally know what they are looking for, or want to browse quietly, I do not have to be "on" all the time, trying to sell stuff to people, etc. I mostly tidy sections up re-shelve books and help those who want help. It is fun, exhausting and great exercise, both for my brain and my body, and I love it.

Phew!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

1) Why are you Australians so mean to New Zealanders as seen in the documentary show Flight of the Conchords?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray! Torture the prodigal shebby!

So here are some questions:

1) Who first called you Shebby? Has anybody noted how similar "Shebby" and "Babby" are? Did they make "How was Shebby formed" comments? Do you realize that this is still only the first question?

2) No question 2 to make up for the extended question 1.

3) Sadly, I have never worn a uniform. Do you have any that you think are particularly attractive, or is it just the fact that it is a uniform that matters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikku wrote:

C  O  N  G  R  A  T  U  L  A  T  I  O  N  S  ! 

Thank you! I am blushing, but I am guessing you can't tell under that awesome banner!

Nikku wrote:
And now, le mouton! ... uuhh, les questions:

Eeeek! I am scared!!!

Nikku wrote:
1) Are you now fully recovered and ready to create ChitChat mayhem?

Well, that depends. I am now on ANOTHER course of anti-biotics. My clever Dr. realised that I still had infected goobies in my sinuses. I guess I am as ready as I am ever going to be!!!

Nikku wrote:
2) How many shrimps are there on an average aussie BBQ?

Now I am going to tell you all a bit of a National secret here.

Are you ready?

I have never been to a BBQ here in Australia where we BBQ prawns - AKA shrimp. We normally buy them pre-cooked, and eat them cold, or else we might fry them in a pan INDOORS in lots of garlic.

Paul Hogan needs to have a smack upside his head for making the world think we call them shrimp, but also for fooling everyone so badly.

This piccy is wrong in SO many ways!!!! Hmmm, makes me want a beer, though.

Nikku wrote:
3) Have you ever seen a dropbear?

If I told you the full story of drop bears, tourism here in Australia would drop to almost 0%. I would also have to kill you.

Surmise that they are evil f*ckers, and we wont talk about them any more.

Nuff said.

Nikku wrote:
4) Are your fingers ready for typing, because this thread is going to hurt you know?

I am feeling this already! laugh I need more Shiraz!!!

Nikku wrote:
5) Give us a short happy song/poem featuring 5 chitchatters.

An Ode to Chit Chat.
By Sheberella McAwesome ha ha!

The night was horribly dark,
The measles broke out in the ark!

Young Amy & Jeff
And all the young Wiles'
Were crying at once
for bacon & smiles!

But what will we do?!
Cried Cranky the gator?
Go find me some bacon
In the old 'fridgerator!

Osiris & Erak
went into the freezer
Found bacon & boots.. of yahoo - crowd pleaser!

Hurrah! Cried Toggy,
But wait, I see a duck..
With a pancake on its head!
Its MGBM - what luck!!!

And now I shall stop. I need a drink...!

Nikku wrote:
Enjoy your time in the spotlight and good luck ... you'll need it.

Why thank you! You rock, Nikku. Hard, I am sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knock knock open up the door it's Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
It's wurples all the way down.
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Clockmakers lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Shebby!! Concrete-ulations!

1 Is your hair still purple?

2 How did that interesting night as the ADFA mess cheeky monkey go?

3 If a giant army of mechanized dropbearoids threatened to destroy Australia, and it would be up to Superheroine Shebby to stop them (you are, after all, a member of Legion, you know (war) games, you're armed with squishies and your trusty sidekick is in the military), how would you do it?

4 Picnic! What are you bringing?

5 Tell us why being CCotD is even better than being GotW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Shebby!!!

Questions:

1. Create your man sandwich out of two of the following:
-hunky soldier
-hunky sailor
-hunky fireman
-hunky policeman

2. Explain why you didn't pick the sailor.

3. Seriously though, don't you think firemen are kind of overrated? I mean, sailors sail and stuff. Some of them even wear eye patches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Can you recommend a good book about Australian politics?
2) No, not that one.
3) You're not trying very hard, are you?
4) Okay, what about a book about the history of shrimp fishing?
5) Is there anyone else that can help me?
6) Why are you being so difficult, can I see your manager?

I'm glad you're feeling better, it's great to see you back. Big squishies, hopefully we'll get to play a game one of these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Martin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hurray and and congrats!

1. If you win, will you remember the little people?
2. Do you know any little people?
3. Are you sure they're not hobbits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooo hoood deee dooo dooot doooo! Yea Shebbsterino! Way to go! Enjoy the plaque! Good luck with your dentist!

Questions:

1) Mel Gibson is to Scotland as __________ is to Australia?

2) What's the best use of nuts and pasta?

3) Do these sleeves make me look fat?

4) Best movie line to shout out while in a public washroom?

5) Don't just humour me, do you really think I'm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a job for...Blott's usual questions!

1) What completely non-game related activity do you enjoy talking about on BGG?

2) What does this picture make you think of?

3) Bacon, Jello, or Pudding? Which one would win in a no-holds-barred cage match?

4) As the official Chit-Chatter of the Day, what advice would you give future victims honorees?

5) Will you keep answering questions if they are posted in this thread tomorrow?

6) Do you sometimes wish you owned a duck?

7) Are there any Chit Chat jokes that you wish would just die?

8) Can we call you Skippy?

9) Should I ask 10 questions, or stop here?

10) What's worse than the Detroit Lions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations.

So here are the traditional questions:

A How came that the All Black`s have the Haka and you Wallabies dont?

B How could you lose to England on 2007? I understand 2003 (The best Rugby World Cup Final I ever seen) but wtf happened in 2007?

C Do you like Rugby?

D I recall a WW2 movie with Mel Gibson that was translated in portuguese as "The Z Force Commandos". Do you know of it?

E And last but not least, LUDICROUS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, I guess.

1) Sandalwood soap, a good gift to get or a good gift to regift?

2) Do you really have winter there or were you making that up?

3) Favorite Swedish astromomer?

4) Worst place you had to answer an emergency call of nature?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay Shebby!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs and squishes from Texas!

Here we go.

Who?
What?
Why?
When?
How?
Really?
How come?
Are you sure?
Inconceivable?
Are you positive?
Cross your heart?

You gave us a chit chat song. Now give us a chit chat story. 5 chit chatters. One paragraph. You can do it!

(Pssst -- ducks also float. In reference to Amy's question above)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Good on ya Shebbangaroo the Kangaroo!

What branch of the military tends to have the best uniforms (Navy right?)?

What is the largest animal you have ever rode on?

How many nerf guns do you own?

Of all the colors you've tried for your hair, which has been your favorite?

Have you ever seen a Tasmanian Devil? If so do the spin? If so if you brought one to the Northern Hemisphere would it spin the other way?

Have you ever drank the water from a frog's body?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! It's Shebby's turn!!!!!!!!

Woo-Hoo!!! Squishy time!!

Darling Shebs, my usual ninja mysterious ninja questions for you!!

1) How many naked Barbies do you see?
2) How many dirty children's shorts do you currently have (remember, it's the shorts that are dirty, not the children!)
3) Cupcakes or chorizo?
4) Barbies or Bratz?
5) Beer or wine?
6) What?

kiss

Ooo, bonus question for you!!

7) Have you read any of the Tomorrow series by John Marsden? Or is it too Aussie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know the drill: you're stuck on a desert island--one significantly smaller than the landmass you call home. All you have with you are a racquetball, a pancake helmet, and Josh Quong Tart. Tell us how you escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do all the guys from Australia look like this?

So far all the ones I've met do -- am I just lucky? kiss

I bought a package of Rave Outback Smokey BBQ chips recently...

They claimed to have that "down under" taste. Do you know what the heck they were talking about?

Also, Æbleskiver or Dutch Babies? And can you stop at just one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray for Shebby! Congratulations!

Please complete these sentences:

1. Love is ________________

2. A weird fact about Australia that most people wouldn't know is ________________.

3. Shebby's five favorite movies made in or about Australia are __________________.

Also, is it true that Foster's is Australian for "beer?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After eating some funky damper my china plate, Pete, made a required trip to the dunny. While dropping his daks, Pete (not the full quid) was bitten on his doodle by a mozzie. What color were his socks?

Hooroo!

--TD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Congratulations on CCotD! Here's some slightly-used questions (amwiles only got one riddle correct - the sponge):

First, you must answer me these riddles three!

1. They come at night without being called and are lost in the day without being stolen.
2. The more you take the more you leave behind.
3. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

Next, choose one of each:

A. Favorite brand of toothpaste
B. Most garish house color
C. Optimal number of trash cans
D. Funniest looking animal
E. Best 1st century Greek geographer

And finally,

+. Will you sign MMB's Chit Chat autograph book?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey, Shebby! You're not sleeping, are you? Answer more questions!

And I was promised a pancake picture!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
gooHelp me Sheb-bi-Wan-Kenobi, you're my only hope!

What, I mean WHAT can I do about this eye tic? It-t-t-t-t is driving me mad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray! Shebby-B.O.B!!

I pointed Cthulhu out to the boy this past weekend, and he was very excited.

Licorice or no?

Spiders or snakes?

Penne?

Red or sour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.