Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
It is clear to me that the firebean can shoot or head the ball to the goal. It is also clear that you cannot perform a header after a pass or dribble. What I am not sure is if the firebean caan shoot on goal after pass (not a cross).
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, a cross is the only thing that can enable a header on the subsequent card. The Fire Bean can take a normal shot after a normal pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I understood from reading the rules but the cross icon on the firebean card (with the shot) is confusing.

I didn't think anybody would answer this question. This game doesn't get any traffic. I am impressed. Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I could be wrong, but that's my impression, anyway. I challenge you to find someone to disprove me. devil You only get half points if it's Uwe Rosenberg. Hee hee.

The key is this: Unless I'm mistaken, the only cards depicting the incoming cross (with a banana Bohnana on it) are the header cards, whose action icon is a ball headed heh toward the goal. If you have a card whose icons depict the fire bean with an arrow toward the goal, that's a regular shot, which can be made off a pass or a dribble. I'm pretty sure every bean has plain old shots on goal.

Similarly, I'm fairly certain that he could make a regular shot on goal from a cross. I think the only card that cares how the ball got to the bean in question is the header, which requires a cross leading into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My confusion came because the regular shot card for the firebean has the bohnana icon.

I think what you makes thematic sense, is not in disagreement with the written rules and makes sense with the quantity of cards provided. There are 4 crosses, 2 shots on goal and 3 headers. There are less crosses than shots + headers. If you couldn't shoot on a regular pass, a goal opportunity would come wasted out of the box.

I agree with you and I wouldn't believe Uwe if he contested it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Yes, looking at my cards, now that I'm near them, I see the banana to which you refer. Surely it can't be required, because that would mean the fire bean couldn't score if one of the backfielders passed to him. So, let us conspire to assert that we are right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.