Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I officially played my first two games tonight. (My mom vs me. 1:1)

A few questions came up during the game:

1.) Out of all our actions, the only ones that are specifically mentioned as taking "moves" are promoting, and building defenses. Does salting require an action? Does combat require an action?

2.) When salting land (assuming it doesn't take an action) can you just move into that space and back out? (E.g. if my opponent has an outpost next to my headquarters, and I have a cavalry in my HQ, can I just take one action to step into her outpost, salt it, then step back into my HQ?)

I think that's pretty much all of our questions so far. I'll probably be posting a few more if/when I get my dad involved...

~Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On number 2, I'm not quite sure I quite get what you're saying. Let me try and depict this through "images."

|--|--|
|A |B|
|--|--|

So I have a cavalry on my HQ at square A, and she has an outpost on the square at B. Cavalry can move up to two squares in one turn. Lets just say on my turn I move my cavalryman to square B then back to square A. Does the salting of square B happen as an automatic, "just-because-I-set-foot-there" action? Or do I have to stop at square B to "fully let it take place"?

~Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly sure it's the latter: It happens where the unit rests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just read BOTH of his answers TOGETHER. Clearly that's the case.

~Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.