Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a few starter decks for this at a flea market and they don't come with instructions, or the play mat. Does anyone know if these are downloadable somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Green
United States
Vestal
New York
flag msg tools
I just did some quick digging, the official website for the card game is no longer available so that route is out. When the game died Score was generous enough to give a core group of players complete control of the game even going so far as to give them some of the leftover stock from the warehouse to use for prizes and such. You can find this organization at www.buffyccg.com

Unfortunately poking around real quick I couldn't find anything resembling the actual proper rule book for the game.

This forum badly needs some info in it though so I will try to create a rulebook for it.

It should be pointed out that if you got Pergamum Prophecy starters then the Villain starter is unplayable out of the box with out adding some cards (I think only 4 or 5 out of 7 of the challenges are completable without adding cards out of boosters). If you got Class of 99 starters... the Heroes starters are unplayable out of the box (3 out of 7 challenges are completable out of the box without adding boosters... from one of the first two sets, 3rd season boosters won't even solve that problem). Too bad too, it's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will provide geek gold if you put that rulebook online.

My starters are from Class of '99: The Wish. I looked through the Vamp Willow & Vamp Xander deck, and it looks like at least one of the missions is uncompletable. Sure doesn't make the game seem very promising...

I looked through that one website, but there wasn't a rulebook or gameboard that I could find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I have some Buffy CCG stuff. They are not the class of '99, so I don't know how much they would/wouldn't help, but I could send you a set of the rules and mat from one of my sets (I might even have enough extras of everything to send you a starter set for those). This is one of those games I've had for a few years, never got around to playing. Anyway, if you want to drop me a geekmail with your address, I'll send out what I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Green
United States
Vestal
New York
flag msg tools
I'm headed to Gen Con this weekend but when I get back next week I while post some form of rule book up here. It took some digging but I do still have most of my plunder from back in the day.

The Wish precon's I can't remember how they were, I don't think I ever ended up using them for sealed decks.

One of the negatives about the game was that you needed to buy one of every starter to get one of every character... and if you wanted more than one of a character you had to buy multiples. They fixed this to some degree in class of 99 by including foils of starter only cards in the booster packs, but that still left a major luck factor to getting main characters out of booster packs.

On the plus side since it is a dead game a sealed booster/starter display runs like 20 dollars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jupiter Games wrote:

On the plus side since it is a dead game a sealed booster/starter display runs like 20 dollars.

True that. I managed to get two booster boxes and sixteen decks (ten of which were in a deck box) for less than forty dollars, including shipping. It was amazing. Sadly, starter decks are absolutely useless to play. They do give me the wonderful plastic Essence, though.

I do need a level 1 Cordelia, as that was the character I wanted to create a deck for (and Drusilla), and I managed to not get her card. Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Cain
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Any more luck with the rules? I'm in the same boat having bought a theme deck box and a booster box of Wish '99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ncain407 wrote:
Any more luck with the rules? I'm in the same boat having bought a theme deck box and a booster box of Wish '99.

No, but I have to admit my interest in the game was fleeting. It looks like Jeff Mays might send you a rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Cain
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
With many hours of searching and digging through website after website I have finally emerged victorious. I have found a PDF of the complete Class of '99 Rule Book. If you want it let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ncain407 wrote:
With many hours of searching and digging through website after website I have finally emerged victorious. I have found a PDF of the complete Class of '99 Rule Book. If you want it let me know.

Absolutely! Why don't you put the link here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Abbott
Canada
flag msg tools
Yes, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Connors
Canada
flag msg tools
I have the rules for both the Pergamum Prophecy run and the Class of 99 run. I'm hesitating putting them in the files because I don't want to cause any copyright problems, but I can email them to anyone who wants them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Connors
Canada
flag msg tools
EnigmaKnight wrote:
I have the rules for both the Pergamum Prophecy run and the Class of 99 run. I'm hesitating putting them in the files because I don't want to cause any copyright problems, but I can email them to anyone who wants them.

Correction. I just have a pdf for the rules for Clas of 99. I don't know why I thought I had the rules for PP. I am still willing to get them to whoever wants them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Abbott
Canada
flag msg tools
Most CCG producers post the rules somewhere themselves since they hope anyone reading them might become interested in the game and purchase some of the cards. If their site was still up, they'd probably be there. Check some of the other CCG entries here - you'll see posting the rules is not considered a copyright violation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Abbott
Canada
flag msg tools
I've found a copy of the rules -

You need to combine the two links together (BGG doesn't like it as just one link). Place the www... after the ...cd/

http://offline.buffy.cd/

www.btvsccg.com/rules.cfm

It looks like a save of the original site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, but for some reason I can see all the HTML code, or whatever, when I go there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Abbott
Canada
flag msg tools
That's strange, it works fine for me except for the ad at the top.

How about this -

http://offline.buffy.cd/

www.btvsccg.com/pdf/rulebook/s3rulebook.pdf

(again you have to cut and paste the two links into one)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That one works. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.