Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So with that Kat token, another sure bet is in place. I have not actively been keeping up with the forum here, but am I missing anyone here?

Caprica 6
Cavell
Ellen Tigh
Kat
Cain

So who are the final two???

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I am really pulling for ole Gaeta, he may have taken a few bullets in the end, but he saved Galactica more times than Adama, Tigh, or Roslin put together He earns the character most often taken for granted award for the entire series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
JacquesDeMolay wrote:

There are seventeen Character Cards.

Ten are playable.

Five are waiting to be released.

Two will be revealed.

This is why BGG needs audio. The opening credits music is running through my head, but it's not quite the same...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
Serious answers:
If someone were to compete with him for a support spot it would be Doc Cottle and maybe Calee, but I still think Gaeta is the most likely.

Doc Cottle would definitely be support, as would Callie. More likely than both of those, IMO, is Dee Dualla - probably also support.

I think it's a no-brainer that at least 1 of the final 2 has to be a Cylon Leader (probably Leoben) in order to have adequate choices. The 2nd will be either Support or another Cylon Leader. My guess would be Support - Gaeta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I would think Gaeta would like getting stiffed....

ZING!!! Thank you!! Good night!! Enjoy the buffet! Las Vegas audiences are the greatest audiences in the world!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
SAN JOSE
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fierce Fish Win the Cup
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:

I would think Gaeta would like getting stiffed....

ZING!!! Thank you!! Good night!! Enjoy the buffet! Las Vegas audiences are the greatest audiences in the world!

Had to go there....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well so far my guesses to the character choices have been spot-on target (including Ellen Tigh whom a vast majority seemed to think foolish - so there to all you people who mocked me!!)

I think Felix will be the character we bring in as the Support character. Cally, as nice as she is, would seem a bit odd given her uh... boss is the other support character... not for any other reasons. She's an engineer which Chief fills the role of very well, so the question would be what would her character really offer that would make her stand out?

Felix offers a lot more to the game in my opinion. He worked on identifying a traitor in a video, helped develop the cylon detector (I believe... though may have this wrong), has been in the CIC since day one, was a significant character during New Caprica (even if he still was only support), and all in all would seem to offer a great deal in skills. In fact the only skill I don't see him having would be Piloting because he seems capable of doing everything else - making him a very versatile character.

The final character I suspect will be a Cylon leader, and I don't think it can be anyone save a certain reporter. Thats right! April O'Neil will be the final Cylon Leader (once per turn can summon mutated sentient turtles to ninja-kick-ass cylon raiders)

:)

I think the final 5 have more potential being released in the 2nd Expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
What about Dualla? If she isn't in this expansion, I doubt she'll be in the next one, seeing as... well... (I prefer Gaeta but I have the feeling he'll be in the next expansion... But as I was wrong on Ellen, I'm not sure anymoresoblue ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, 3 of the Final 5 are in the game already, and 2 were in the base set....

I agree that Gaeta has a lot to offer as the last character, since pretty much everyone agrees there will be one more Cylon leader and it will be D'Anna... but, I don't know... it just seems that the cards we have been shown so far seem to show Cally rather prominently. Cally does have a lot to offer. Like, (as i have said numerous times in the past) the fact that you have to airlock her twice to kill her...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fralish
United States
Yorktown Heights
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Dee. You can see the card and stand up in the new designer's diary picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So that leaves just one to be revealed!
This is exciting. It makes me miss the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
So I was right this time !yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Dee. I can honestly say I am surprised by that. We'll have to see what her abilities are, but, right now she has me feeling very "meh".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. a personal crisis card for Dee: Have A Lovely Evening. Go on a date. Reminisce about the good old days. Be really happy and go home with a smile on your face. Then, execute yourself. Increase morale by +1 as no one really truly liked having you around anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
pretty much everyone agrees there will be one more Cylon leader and it will be D'Anna...

I don't agree. I think it will be Leoben.

Of course, both should be in the set...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
Increase morale by +1 as no one really truly liked having you around anyway.

I liked her with Billy. But when they killed him off and she became Lee's surrogate Starbuck...meh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty convinced that the seventh new character would be Three, but now I'm actually starting to lean towards Leoben.

And then the characters for the Final Five expansion would include Three (Cylon), Anders (Pilot), Gaeta (Military) and Tory (Political).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dee was fine when she was a decent person and involved with Billy and whatnot ("They need to start having babies." "Is that an order?"). But once she was all hot for Apollo and pretty much blew off Billy's self sacrifice to save her, I lost all interest in seeing her survive the show. Her death was one I felt was long overdue. Cally was trailer-trashy, but not THAT bad... Gaeta was full of win to begin with but his mutiny sealed his fate, however at least he had principles...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
Dee was fine when she was a decent person and involved with Billy and whatnot ("They need to start having babies." "Is that an order?"). But once she was all hot for Apollo and pretty much blew off Billy's self sacrifice to save her, I lost all interest in seeing her survive the show.

Completely agree with that. I was so pissed when they killed off Billy, then found it was just a writer's excuse to have Lee go dumpster diving. Dee was better than that, at least how she was originally envisioned.

hockeyjedi wrote:
Gaeta was full of win to begin with but his mutiny sealed his fate, however at least he had principles...

The mutiny episodes were among the best episodes of the series. Maybe even better than the last few episodes. I can't wait to see how that comes off in board game form. Gaeta had a good start, a really whiny patch, then went out with a BIG BANG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Anders (Pilot)

I still don't agree with Anders as a pilot. Hot Dog can easily be the pilot in the next expansion. Anders could be Military (Guerilla stuff on Caprica) or Support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said, much like the show, Gaeta is getting stiffed even on a boardgame - he's THE Rodney Dangerfield of Battlestar Galactica.

Perhaps Dee's negative should be an inability to access the small arms locker. She was a whiny character for me - I'm with Ray on that one.

Its absolutely amazing that they have declined to use Gaeta. Perhaps that Dee character stand will turn out like the "Opera House" - one can only hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
JacquesDeMolay wrote:

Ten are playable.

Five are waiting to be released.

Two will be revealed.

This is why BGG needs audio. The opening credits music is running through my head, but it's not quite the same...

This will help...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xti9O4yLu1k

Now we can modify DC's Intro text a bit, since "something has changed"...

Fourteen are known to be human.

Two are Cylons.

One will be revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair Riding
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The final cylon leader is going to be
Daniel! Meeting this artsy fartsy robot is way overdue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brinks
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnweldy wrote:

The mutiny episodes were among the best episodes of the series. Maybe even better than the last few episodes. I can't wait to see how that comes off in board game form. Gaeta had a good start, a really whiny patch, then went out with a BIG BANG!

His whiny/mutiny time reminded me of emo Spiderman in Spiderman 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Well, I can understand somebody being whiny just after losing a leg. And the face of the enemy helped understand Gaeta's position about the whole Cylon-human thing.

But he was bound to fail
because God did not want it that way.soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.