Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The headline pretty much says it...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26267

Nothing solid yet, but
Quote:
426230009 Other HEO - Heroscape Wave 10 "Special Collection" - Assortment (x4) 10/23/09
sounds interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
jtspecial wrote:
The headline pretty much says it...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26267

Nothing solid yet, but
Quote:
426230009 Other HEO - Heroscape Wave 10 "Special Collection" - Assortment (x4) 10/23/09
sounds interesting...

Deep in the thread (aside from Billy Mays and the Sham-wows!), though probably not from responsible sources, was:

Wave 10:

Mateys and Musketeers
4x Pirates of the Dark Isles
-Similar to the 4th Mass, but bonus for Wild Personality.
3x French Retreaters
-Allows all figures within 5 sight spaces to disengage.

Skeletons and Special Forces
4x Seal Team 6
-Cover Fire Special
4x Skeletal Warriors
-Bonds with Zombies

Shields and Swords
4x Knights of the Round Table
-Bonds with Jandar Kyrie
3x Omnicron Shielders
-Allows all figures within 2 spaces to roll D20 when attacked - on a 17+ it blocks 1 wound.

Heroes of The Spire
1x Lich King
-Bonds with Skeletal Warriors
1x Blackbeard
-Gives +1 Range to Pirates
1x Captain Jackson
-Hand Grenade Special
-Adds a +2 to all AE Drops
1x King Arthur
-Bonds with Knights of The Round Table
1x Napoleon
-Causes all friendlies to have Slither

That's my bet. That being said, who knows if it'll even come...could be some yahoo having fun with us all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I think the "French Retreaters" gives it away as a bit of a joke. I read it as well a few days ago - I think this was somebody's "wishlist".

I just received Wave 9 in the mail from an on-line retailer, as I haven't seen Wave 9 in any store anywhere, and don't expect to see it. If there's a Wave 10, I think it's still a ways away. I have to say I'm not overly impressed with the direction things are going with this once great game system. However, seeing as how my son and I pretty much have everything put out for HS to this point (including multiple base sets and terrain expansions), it doesn't really matter to me personally. It's just a shame that HS probably won't be around for new gamers to get into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Ah, I think the "French Retreaters" gives it away as a bit of a joke. I read it as well a few days ago - I think this was somebody's "wishlist".

I just received Wave 9 in the mail from an on-line retailer, as I haven't seen Wave 9 in any store anywhere, and don't expect to see it. If there's a Wave 10, I think it's still a ways away. I have to say I'm not overly impressed with the direction things are going with this once great game system. However, seeing as how my son and I pretty much have everything put out for HS to this point (including multiple base sets and terrain expansions), it doesn't really matter to me personally. It's just a shame that HS probably won't be around for new gamers to get into.

I agree completely, that certainly didn't come from the source. It does have some nice ideas, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, the Doom and Gloom guys. I had almost forgotten...

As for the validity of the new wave, I believe it is the real thing. After all, the original poster is a retailer and got the info straight from WotC. Since he has even made a pre-order, without WotC calling back the order, I can't help but to be optimistic.

Regarding the detailed list of figures, that one looks like one of the many wild fanboy speculations filling up every thread about future products.

I'm just happy to see that another wave will probably hit the shelves this year. With the late release of wave 9, I had expected for wave 10 to be released sometime next year. Things are really looking good. GenCon will probably show us some more details.
I'll be checking the internet alot during that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though it's wishful thinking, a bevy of pirates would be great! I could use them for other games, much like the gladiators released eons ago (and now in wave 9), as well as for HS.

I have seen wave 9 packs at FLGSs and, I do believe, at one Walmart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mendenhall
United States
Unspecified
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love the French Retreaters.....

"Want an ARVN rifle? Never been fired and only dropped once!" Cowboy in Full Metal Jacket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least one site is offering preorders:
Quote:
Warriors of Fledspar: The Granite Guardians emerge from the mountainsides of Feldspar to punish trespassers by hurling great rocks with crushing force. The Quasatch Hunters fight with a feral rage when their forest home is threatened by outsiders. Moving amongst the trees like a blur, they ambush their enemies and deliver a barrage of savage blows. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.

Soulborgs: Surround your enemy with Soulborg power! Their power enhancing bonding abilities make these warriors a commanding force on the battlefield. Deathstalkers possess Maul power which can deliver lethal damage. This pack includes 7 pre-painted figures, 2 double-hex tiles and 2 cards.

Warriors and Soulborgs: The Warriors of Ashra use their agility well in battle, often escaping injury. These tricky elven warriors react quickly when attacked. The Deathreavers move quickly, move well and scatter when attacked as a group. This pack includes 7 pre-painted figures, 2 double-hex tiles and 2 cards.

Champions of Renown: Sir Hawthorne’s blade cuts deep. But when the battle has ended, who’s back will bear the wound? Nerak and his Glacial Swog stalk the frozen battlefields of the icy north. His presence is inspiring, and his guttural commands keep every grut sharp and focused. Their writhing forms seethe forward with inhuman speed. The arrows of their enemies sail by them, always missing. They are legend. They are the Elite Onyx Vipers. This pack includes 5 pre-painted figures and 2 cards.

Sounds bogus to me. But what do I know? I've seen dumber stuff before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here´s a link to the site: FRP GAMES

A wave 10 that includes 2 con exclusives + EOV, 2 rereleased wave 5 packs, and a set of what sounds like it MIGHT be repainted Dzu-Teh and Obsidian Guards ???

Sounds mysterious...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest words over on Heroscapers seem to confirm this...

If indeed it is for real, I´ll just leave the 2 wave 5 rereleases for those who need them, and get me some ROCKMEN & MONKEYS + the CONs & EOVs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.