Subject: Pending forever? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to ask is there any rule about how often admins mod pending items? From my observation no pending game has been accepted since three days.

Despite of the fact that waiting is just annoying it would be easier if I know how long I have to wait. I understand that admins probably has a lot of stuff to do but is it 3 days, a week or just "when we will have time and good mood"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kruijt
Netherlands
Eindhoven
NBr
flag msg tools
This overtext intentionally left blank.
badge
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's holiday season and it's unpaid work (afaik), and only one or two moderators are concerned with approving (again afaik). So it can take a while before items get approved. You can see the queue here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/items/boardgame/pending .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk wrote:

Yes I know the queue and I've seen it many times last days. And it doesn't change That's why I am asking.

So the answer is: "No, there's no rule. We are doing it when we have time", right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Filippos wrote:
So the answer is: "No, there's no rule. We are doing it when we have time", right?

wiki page: File Submissions:
Quote:
Since every file needs to be downloaded, tested, and evaluated, there can be a significant delay for approval of files. While the delay may be as short as a day, it is typically 2-3 weeks, and can stretch to 4 weeks during conventions or vacations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
wiki page: File Submissions:
Quote:
Since every file needs to be downloaded, tested, and evaluated, there can be a significant delay for approval of files. While the delay may be as short as a day, it is typically 2-3 weeks, and can stretch to 4 weeks during conventions or vacations.

I am not asking about file submissions but game submissions. It is not the same, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Does any work really happen during WBC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BoardGameGeek_FAQ#toc7

A few days to a few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Filippos wrote:
I am not asking about file submissions but game submissions. It is not the same, isn't it?

Ups, my fault. sorry blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:

It's not a good news but this is the answer to my question. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.