Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it all cut out and ready to go. I just need to do some test playing for a week or so and it will be released and maybe even hosted here on BGG.

The basics of the expansion is that I wanted to add a lot more depth to the game, whilst not changing the games heart. So rather than making up a few new units and popping out big series of new systems, I decided to create structures and research branches that will allow for players to bend each situation to their own will.
The idea first came when I was playing a large 4 player game, and I was personally dead from the start due to the system cards that were discovered next to me. A blank system, an asteroid system, and a star. Wow was I doomed. Although I eventually held my own, I did loose due to the face that my opponents were several turns ahead of me production wise. The idea then popped in my head to be able to stay at your homeworld (in those cases) and create your empire using buildings and structures to give yourself a boost when you need it. So, the new expansion will feature factory's, mobile shipyards, planetary defense, science institutions, and asteroid mining camps. All can be built, but are extremely helpful when you're dealt with some bad luck, or can be a major advantage in the end-game battles for extra fleet and researchable techs to improve your empire.

I am very excited about this expansion, and I can't wait to start test playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am eager for the release. I have not printed the main game yet because after reading the rules i got the feeling something is mising... this expansion might just be it! Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind the rule set that I released is a beta and not yet the full version. I will be releasing the main rule set shortly, and I am currently working on redesigning and rewriting the rule set for the Expansion as well. It may be a bit, but I hope it will be soon. I've played a few good long test plays and I'm pretty confident in it. I hope it's what you're expecting. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need someone to read the rules and check them for understandability (does this word really exist... ) befor you release them, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give you the rule set when they're done then. I am awful at writing the rules out. I have great fun in making them, but explaining them to someone who does not have me sitting there explaining the game away... Yeah not so good at that.
Thanks for the help. I'll likely be done with the basic rule set soon (I hope). I really tend to work when I feel like it, rather than trying to get stuff out. I feel it's best that way, but I apologize ahead of time for lateness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.