Subject: Invalid username/password when uploading image rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried uploading an image multiple times today, but it kept giving me "Invalid username or password" after I inputted the details and clicked on Upload. I haven't had a problem before. I did change my password today, but I've been logged in all this time. I already tried logging out and logging in again, to no avail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

I have had this issue in the past. Do you have your password saved in firefox or whatever your browser is? Does it automatically populate the password field? My guess (and what happened to me) is that the password automatically filled in with my OLD password...thus the incorrect password.

~Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your theory sounds right. I still can't get it working though. I used Clear Private Data and unchecked 'Remember my passwords', but they both didn't work. Does anybody know what I'm supposed to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When that's happened to me in the past it was either that the image wasn't a jpg or that it was over 6mb. Don't know if it's your problem but its what I traced mine to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happens to me on boardgamegeek.com, but not on boardgame.geekdo.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a .jpg and it's way under 6 mb. I haven't tried geekdo yet. Will do later.

Thanks for trying. Are there any others ideas?

You guys are so missing out on my amazing image. I can tell you that if it actually gets through Geekmod, it'll obtain a staggering 0-1 thumbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Can you logout, then login, and try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie, I had already tried logging out and in again several times. After reading your reply, I tried it again, and it still didn't work.

But I tried what BaSL suggested, and logged in + uploaded via Geekdo. It worked! However, I tried uploading the image again on BoardGameGeek, and still the same: Invalid Username or Password.

So should I use Geeko exclusively now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note, I'm trying to upload some RPG images here and keep getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" each time I hit the Upload button and it tries to go to the 'imageupload' page. What's changed? This was working the other day. Tried logging out and in and it didn't seem to help...

Edit: The above only happens when trying to upload on Geekdo - if I backdoor into the rpgitem on boardgamegeek it works... Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this happen to me recently, too.

Your browser stores cookies for each web site you visit, and bgg.cc is different from boardgamegeek.com which is different from geekdo, etc. I typically log in to bgg.cc, but the image upload processes go through boardgamegeek.com...and your browser may be trying to use your old boardgamegeek.com cookie on the upload, EVEN THOUGH you go there through bgg.cc or geekdo. Check the address bar when you get the invalid login message.

Log into www.boardgamegeek.com with your new password (replacing your cookie) and you should be good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now logged in to bgg.cc, geekdo and boardgamegeek.com with my new password. Image uploads work in bgg.cc and geekdo, but not in boardgamegeek.com.

Should I erase my cookies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
I have now logged in to bgg.cc, geekdo and boardgamegeek.com with my new password. Image uploads work in bgg.cc and geekdo, but not in boardgamegeek.com.

I confirm that image uploads are not working for boardgamegeek.com and there's no way to manually enter your username and password like in the old system. It's making some assumptions, and those assumptions are incorrect. And yes, I, too, have logged out and in a number of times/replaced cookies, etc. I'm using www.boardgamegeek.com and uploads are being consistently refused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [OPEN] Invalid username/password when uploading image
pdclose: Have you changed your password recently too?

I wonder if all the image uploads going on right now are users doing it on geekdo, or users who didn't change their password and can still do it on boardgamegeek.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
pdclose: Have you changed your password recently too?

If "recent" counts as 3 weeks ago, then yes. I had no problem with it until today. I uploaded a photo on 2009-08-02 without any problem.

I reported this as an official bug so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Log into www.boardgamegeek.com with your new password (replacing your cookie) and you should be good to go.

I did this but no success. Still couldn't upload photos. It's been pretty frustrating as it was working fine until August 3rd.

I took a good look around my cookies and found several "disguised" boardgamegeek cookies -- stuff like files.geek.com. When I removed everything with "geek" in it and rebooted (just for good measure), then uploading finally worked.

So David, look for cookies that mention geek, not just with www but with other beginning address modifiers too, like "files..." and "login...".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That worked! I just went ahead and removed all my cookies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I'm working on the uploader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your file is too big, and during upload the file upload times out, and you get the password error. Until the file/image uploader is available, you must make your file smaller. (Or use a faster connection)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it. As noted above, the problem was the cookies. I have since uploaded images 5 times as big with no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
I doubt it. As noted above, the problem was the cookies. I have since uploaded images 5 times as big with no problems.
It depends on the connection speed where you are uploading. If you have a fast connection, you can upload a much larger file without timeout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... it's the cookies. I tried uploading almost 15 times while I got stuck with the problem at all times in the day at the same computer with the same connection. Since I removed my cookies, I've uploaded 4 images with no problem and almost no delay at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.