Subject: How many cubes in the original version of Risk? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the result of caprice
Mozambique
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Can someone please tell me how many cubes were included in the original (or an early) version of Risk? (Just for one typical color.)

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be that this is not precisely defined. I had one of the earliest (I think) editions with the plastic pieces, and there were different numbers of each color even when I first got the game.

--Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russell
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Original Risk cubes and "torpedoes" (that's kinda what they looked like) were made of wood.

I have no idea how many were in each plastic container.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Amala
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
"Heke Heke": Hamsterish for "Huh?"
badge
paul@amala.us
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the two above - I originally played with the wood pieces from the early 70's. The count wasn't the same for each color - but we never ran out of pieces either so it didn't really matter (the 'taking over the cubes of a defeated player' rule pretty much made up for the actual cube count).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the result of caprice
Mozambique
msg tools
designer
mbmb
slaven41 wrote:
It may be that this is not precisely defined. I had one of the earliest (I think) editions with the plastic pieces, and there were different numbers of each color even when I first got the game.

--Dave

paulamala wrote:
I agree with the two above - I originally played with the wood pieces from the early 70's. The count wasn't the same for each color - but we never ran out of pieces either so it didn't really matter (the 'taking over the cubes of a defeated player' rule pretty much made up for the actual cube count).

So you think that the original wood cube and torpedo version and subsequent plastic versions had different counts for each color? Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Amala
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
"Heke Heke": Hamsterish for "Huh?"
badge
paul@amala.us
mbmbmbmbmb
probably had a machine that filled those little plastic pill boxes by weight - so much weight for the 1's, the so much additional weight for the next size, and so on. It's not going to be an exact count, but close.

Now adays with laser scanner-counters, it is easier and cheaper to get an exact count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.