• [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Nice review.

There's been a free-to-print web expansion adding a third army and many more terrain pieces. Looks like the publisher wasn't interested in printing the expansions

They're also working on a WW2 version, for which there's a downloadable prototype/demo, also at their website.

http://www.yc-games.fr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently picked up a copy of this. I really like this 'minis-without-the-minis type of game. As you might guess, I'm a big Battleground: Fantasy Warfare guy...also, I'm a sci-fi nut!. As such, this game is tailor-made for me: great graphics, simple play that has some depth, and no minis mess or costs.

I hope the WW II version helps to rekindle interest in the system so some more sci-fi stuff will be released. I think the designers/producers should revisit their ad approach too as I've only very recently heard of this game and its been out over a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Useful review; this is an under-noticed and underappreciated game with excellent price point and production values for what the buyer receives and a LOT of replayability.

Tom's review touched on the structures, but one of the game features I like is that entire scenarios can take place INSIDE a constructed complex if players so choose.

I too am rather surprised and disappointed that the game has not seen more follow-on support with additional races, but it works just fine as it is. The Normandy game shown on the publisher web site looks interesting, and I hope it is well-supported after publication.

FRONTIERS is good fun and I recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the review Tom. I have been very interested in picking this game up for some time.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Appel
United States
Fairchild AFB
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this game is BEGGING for fan-made armies. The base game is fun, but playing the same two factions against each other all the time can get old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.