Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
At last, i am in the sanctum sanctorum, the innermost upmost all glorious circle of combat commander owners.
and still, almost there only.
because: the cutting. definetly. the clipping? perhaps. the spraying? might do. the card sleeving? already done. tuckboxing? well... tucksleeving? at least.
there are a thousand ways of THE WAY.goo

and i have a very special question:
if and when i spray the counters with acrylic gloss varnish, why not cut them out before? to also coat the edges of cardboard, thus exposed?
please. answer fast. cc is calling. and i must cut soon...modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
So I'm not sure what weight your counters are, but the last time I sprayed cut-up counters, the force of the spray blew them all over the place & smudged some of them. Mine were mounted on file folders, just so you know what weight I was dealing with.

And congratulations! Always nice to be at the finishing stages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i did not! yet.

friend of mine, paco alba, he got cc and his counters are pretty worn from owning the thing and playing it for one (1!) year. and i damn well like cc and i dont want to fade and wear it away! i want to treasure it... until eternity.

i PLAN to spray the counters with acrylic varnish, same i use for minis.

but i also fear, that the varnish will dicolour or something the printed cardboard, as it is wet out of the can...

Celina pointed out they could be flung away by the canpressure. but the edges... man, why dont the y do stickers and little plasticbits for cc? its one game for eternity!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easy solution is to spray some of the non-essential counters. Maybe just spray 5 or 6 of the foxhole counters and see what happens.

My copy has been played 10 times and it's in absolute mint condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of sleeves work best? Clipping is a definite, but varnish I sure about, or the merits. Varnish yellows with age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us spray
An art shop will provide you with a spray that is suitable for paper and cardboard, as a matt sealant at least. After that you can varnish away to your heart's content, although I've never bothered with the overcoat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
If you are really worried about the counters, scan them before you punch them. Then at least you'll have a copy if they degrade. Or you could then make a copy & play with those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, play with colourprinted papercounters1 and the original behind PANZERGLAS. ha.modest
seriously, i know this whole securing of my cc is borderline.whistle

but to tread this fine line...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.