Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game 2 involved myself (Baltar), Jay (Apollo), Max (Adama), Noah (Roslin), and my father-in-law Dave (Starbuck).

Game 2 was interesting, I looked at my 2 loyalty cards and both said human so as Baltar I had to really be a shining light as to not draw suspicion.

Memorable Moments:

On Adama`s first turn he thought about using his nuke on the starting basestar but since the raiders had already moved I thought it would be wasteful. Noah supported his idea but I argued successfully that it would be smarter to wait as we had 2 pilots in Starbuck and Apollo to fend off the raiders.

Several turns later, still no signs of a cylon let alone cylons, Adama announced he was going to use his special once a game ability to draw all the skill cards played back into his hand. We passed the skill check easily and Adama picked up 10 cards and everyone was complimentary of the wise move.

Several turns later, humans still doing fine, we`ve jumped 3 distance and we`re very close to autojumping and thus receiving the second round of loyalty cards. As Baltar I still haven`t used my once per game of checking someones loyalty cards and I`ll save it for after the second round of loyalty cards comes around. A tough skill check comes up on Adama`s turn. Roslin puts in two, Starbuck can`t put any in, I put in a single card, Apollo puts in two cards and Adama puts in two. So add in the two destiny deck cards and shuffle and flip. 4 negative cards including 2 red cards! THERE IS A CYLON ABOARD. Roslin accuses both Starbuck and Apollo but Starbuck didn`t contribute any cards so the attention turns to Apollo (again played by my 15 year old brother in law Jay). Apollo definitely had red cards he could have thrown in and since he`s young he might have chosen to fail this check by tossing in two red cards before seeing whether Starbuck was contributing any cards at all. Roslin isn`t suspected at all because she`s done nothing but draw yellows, greens and quorum cards. I wasn`t suspected because I only tossed a single card into the challenge. Adama wasn`t suspected because the colours that came up as negative he couldn`t possibly have tossed in after all he only draws green and purple.

BUT WAIT....

Didn`t Adama pick up 10 cards a while back from the skill check? Yes he did. Weren't some of those cards red ones? Yes they were! Could Adam be the cylon? As Baltar I certainly believe he could be but I don't want to give it away that I suspect him and when the group tries to throw Apollo in the brig I don't contribute any cards (Apollo could have put those 2 red cards in). We jump and the Admiral chooses a 2 distance location that costs us 2 fuel. Not the best but he claims the other one was worse. Everyone gets a second loyalty card (except me, I get a third).

My next turn I decide that I'm going to use my cylon detector ability and check Adama for being a skin-job. He had both cylon cards and I shared my knowledge with the rest of the humans and he knew he was caught. He didn't even try to protest. I suppose he could have argued that I'm the cylon but when I pointed out to Apollo that the only people who could have contributed 2 red cards to the failed check was Adama and yourself and you know for a fact you're human it obviously had to be Adama.

On Apollo's turn Adama was brigged and on Adamas turn he revealled and began telling every player to make sub-opitimal choices and he would pass them the other You are a cylon card. Every human declined his offer.
The humans didn't get much luck with their locations for jumping and ended up running out of fuel.

Another very interesting game of BSG.

Hindsight: My brother-in-law Max is very shrewd as a cylon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
Hindsight: My brother-in-law Max is very shrewd as a cylon.

Did he get the win without ever passing off the second Cylon card? If so, that's pretty impressive. But I would've brigged him the moment he considered nuking the starting Basestar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you tell everyone that he had both Cylon cards btw?

If you did then you should know that when you look at loyalty cards you are not allowed to say what they actually are, you are simply allowed to say if they are a Cylon or not (lying permitted of course!). Sadly you have to keep the number and reveal powers to yourself.

Nice report, this is one of the few games I really love reading session reports for =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Did you tell everyone that he had both Cylon cards btw?

If you did then you should know that when you look at loyalty cards you are not allowed to say what they actually are, you are simply allowed to say if they are a Cylon or not (lying permitted of course!). Sadly you have to keep the number and reveal powers to yourself.

Nice report, this is one of the few games I really love reading session reports for =)

Unless it's covered in a FAQ or something pg. 20 of the rulebook states that if a player gets to look at another player's loyalty cards he can keep the information to himself, share it or even lie about it. If Baltar sees one or both cylon cards in a hand I don't see why he can't specifically say which cylon card(s) he saw. After all, he is just sharing the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
Unless it's covered in a FAQ or something

It is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh thanks I see there is a FAQ for the game on the Fantasy Flight website.

Since I can't state the number of cylon cards a player has could I announce that I no longer suspect any other player of being a cylon and letting the other humans put two and two together?

Or from another perspective: If I know that Player A has both cylon cards and I announce to the group that Player A is a cylon and then Player B accuses Player C of being a cylon what could I say to steer Player B away from his misconception about Player C?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.