Subject: Legos = Rampart? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Hart
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
ok maybe it's a silly thing to ask but there was this coin-op game back in the 80's or 90's called Rampart in which you had to quickly make some walls then there was a part in which you shot the pirates with the cannons that you enclosed with said walls. I was wondering if anyone had some rules and if they used legos to do it. It just seems that somehow legos in general could be used for some game parts or somthing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember the computer game...had a blast playing that game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossbows and Catapults: Sea Battle Set

bigshoulders wrote:
ok maybe it's a silly thing to ask but there was this coin-op game back in the 80's or 90's called Rampart in which you had to quickly make some walls then there was a part in which you shot the pirates with the cannons that you enclosed with said walls. I was wondering if anyone had some rules and if they used legos to do it. It just seems that somehow legos in general could be used for some game parts or somthing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rampart was, bar none, my favorite coin-op videogame of all time. I would love to have one (only the 3-player version, not the inferior 2-player) in my house!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rampart was great, and it is available in 3-player form on the X-Box, as part of the Midway Arcade Treasures disk. The analog thumbsticks make a passable substitute for trackballs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, good to know! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fire the Cannons! might be something of the nature of the Ramparts game. It might be missing somethings as I haven't read the rules but the blurb on the game sorta sounds like what you find enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rampart was one of my all time favorite games too. I played it during grad school in the 90's in between classes when I should have been studying. Multi-player was a blast, making it one of the few games that was just as good with other people as by yourself. I ALMOST beat it once with only one quarter... I've tried many computer implementations since then and the lack of a trackball kind of kills the similarity, but they are fun for a little nostaliga trip.

To recreate Rampart, I think Rumis blocks might be better than legos. But I think you are onto something - perhaps we can recreate the old days with common parts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone's bound to say it, so I might as well get it over and done with..

You don't pluralize LEGO. You play with LEGO. You build a wall out of a bunch of LEGO bricks.

Just like you say:

One Kleenex tissue. Many Kleenex tissues.
One Q-Tip cotton swab. Many Q-Tip cotton swabs.
One Band-Aid self-adhesive bandage. Many Band-Aid self-adhesive bandages.

EDIT: Yes, I'm being facetious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Loden
United States
Auburn
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be an awesome find!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
...and for a board game that sounds very much inspired (theme-wise) by Rampart (although I have yet to play it... ), see Cannonball Colony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hart
United States
La Marque
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ok so what we need to do is make up some rules for this. how about you get one of those 30 second sand timers and thats when you get to build your walls with some lego (legos). (legos just sounds better) then during each players turn they can shoot thier cannon(s)(I assume some sort of die rolling) and move a tank/catupult (or whatever those things were) For each cannon you have encased with walls (i guess they were they from the begining of the game on some large lego field) you get to fire 1 or 2 dice worth of shoots. as some legos are larger than others you could make it to where you destroy the wall if you can roll its saize or less on a d6. I would guess the standard size of a lego is 4*2 so you would call it a size 4. this would make it where you would want to use the smaller legos BUT you only have 30 sec to build your walls so you would use the larger ones. and you want to build fast so you could get more cannons. Ok now it's someone elses turn to come up with some rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
..and for a board game that sounds very much inspired (theme-wise) by Rampart (although I have yet to play it... ), see Cannonball Colony.

If only. Cannonball Colony is very dry and very abstract. Solid game, but nothing along the likes of Ramparts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.