Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Scrib! I just heard about the unprecedented flooding going on around your area. I hear the university area has taken some pretty bad damage, especially to the library, and they're evacuating horses from Churchill Downs. I hope you and yours and your stuff are all okay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
YUCK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
So that's where all our rain went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a joke in there somewhere, I'm just not seeing it.

Really though, hope things are ok for him, and his boardgame collection is NOT in his basement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
All this time spent on preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse. I hope his guns are still dry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your concern Diane. Until I got your PM about 5 PM, I wasn't fully aware of the aftermath of this morning's showers.

Driving to the office in New Albany, Indiana across the river was like driving into a sci-fi apocalypse movie. It hadn't started to rain but it was scary dark and cloudy directly over the industrial park. It cut loose right after I got inside. I had meetings in the office all morning and one appointment in Louisville right after lunch. After that it started to rain hard and long again. I found myself trapped in a gun store for an hour or so with nothing to do except fondle five different 1911s.

Anyway I live in an older neighborhood called Crescent Hill because it's on a crescent shaped hill. It's on high ground. My main local water problem has to do with a neglected leaky faucet upstairs finally dripping through my bedroom ceiling last week... again. The land boy fixed the leaky faucet on Saturday and is patching the ceiling...again as I type this.

I had already made up my mind to begin looking for a bigger place to live. Someplace I can have a dedicated game room.

A friend of mine dates a woman who has a 109 year old "old Louisville" mansion. She lives there with her daughter and rents out the entire second floor. I looked at it last week. It is huge!!! I loved it. It has character.

However, my friend just sent me a video taken hours ago from the front porch of this house. There are a dozen parked cars floating down the street. Water is over the dash board of his Land Rover which floated a block and a half away from where he parked it.

Apparently tens of thousands of books were lost at the Main Library as well as a bunch of new computer gear purchased for the new branch that was scheduled to open next week.

It is supposed to rain here 8 of the next ten days. About every 4 to 6 months we've had a weather event. The wind storms generated by Ike and the ice storms that left over 500,000 people without power twice and now unseasonably heavy rains. Not good.

Neither my games nor my guitars nor my guns and the 3,000 to 4,000 rounds of ammo (I really need to take inventory again) are at risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.