Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had this situation the last time we played.

A rift opened up in Dunwich. It was in the Blasted Heath Streets and should have moved through the vortex (and off the board). What happens then?

We resolved it by placing a monster in the Blasted Heath Streets and leaving the rift on the board. (We also added a doom token since the color of arrow matched the rift symbol.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IBB (in before Brian ):

[KH] 3. What happens if a Rift appears in Kingsport and moves into a Vortice? I would say it simply remains there, spitting out a monster that instantly passes through the vortice every time it is supposed to move, but again, the rulebook doesn't say. (06/13/08)

If a rift moves into a vortex, it just sits there, as you surmised. Note that a rift will still add a doom token / spit out monsters if it cannot move. The drawing of the proper dimensional symbol on a mythos card is the trigger for that, NOT the actual movement.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

Of course, Kingsport mention in that answer is (probably) a typo, since there are no vortices in that snooze-fest of a town. Dunwich and Innsmouth have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dam the Man wrote:
IBB (in before Brian ):

Curses!

And just so I can feel important and correct Dam...

..The answer didn't erroneously state a Rift in Kingsport, the question did. So take that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curses!! I could finally answer a question and I couldn't even beat Brian nor Dam! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.