Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herman Roozen
Netherlands
Coevorden
Drenthe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This summer my wife (P), our son (M) and me (H) play Agricola about 2 times a week in the evening. It's an exciting game and we have a lot of fun playing it. In the end the farms look about the same. Well, that's logical because you need a bit of everything to score points. This evening things went a bit strange. I can't recall the entire session because the strange things happened near the end. We played with the I-deck. I made photos of the boards at the end. First P.

Things went really well for her. She won with 37 points. Her farm looks great and very much like a good "Agricola-farm". Sadly she missed some points on her clay house and only 3 people in it.

Next M.

He used to fish a lot and end up with an empty farm. But lately he is getting the hang of playing occupations and improvements. He played 6 occupations this time. He had the "Hofmeester" (233) which made it possible for him to (eventually) have 5 people in 2 stone rooms. He ended with 31 points. He usually ends somewhere between 20 and 30, so he had a good night.

My game didn't go so well in the beginning. M and P always snatched the actions or resources that I wanted, so I was always 1 or 2 steps behind schedule. But after I got the "Leemdekker" (241) and "Lemen huizenbouwer" (242) out as occupations I could renovate cheap to clay and expand cheap with clay. I quickly had 6 clay rooms that I renovated to stone. In the last round I played the minor improvement "Hofmeester", which makes it possible to build without reed. I was able to take 5 stone twice and expand my house with two stone rooms. So I ended up with 8 stone rooms, but no animals.

Not your typical farm. I had 32 points though, mostly from rooms and people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm stunned that you were able to grab a 5Stone twice, but hey, sooner or later your opponents are going to wise up to the value of stone.

And then where will you be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herman Roozen
Netherlands
Coevorden
Drenthe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
I'm stunned that you were able to grab a 5Stone twice, but hey, sooner or later your opponents are going to wise up to the value of stone.

And then where will you be?

They do know the value of stone. In this particular session they just didn't have any use for it. Didn't fit their plans. The 2x5 stone was just lying there for me to grab. The "Lemen huizenbouwer" (242) also gave me 2 clay on 5 turns. But M and P weren't interested much in clay either, so the board was flooded with clay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Andersson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
I had a similar game recenlty, possibly even weirder. My farm consisted of 2 one-square pastures, 2 fields and 11 clay rooms. How did I accomplish that? Well, a master-combo of the improvement Clay supports and two occupations (I think they were the Thatcher and the Bricklayer) which, as we interpreted it, reduced the cost of one clay room to just one wood.

When I saw my hand in the beginning I just had to try a new strategy, and it worked very well. I was able to diversify and score 1 or 2 points in every category, combined with the whopping 11 for the house, and won with 45 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.