Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, All! I've never played, but have long wanted to! Where do I begin? Is there a SET with everything that you'd recommend? I know I won't want a cheapoid board, but I won't need the Rolls Royce of boards either (though I'd spring for it if it wasn't TOO expensive!) whistle

Advice from veteran Carrom players would be much appreciated and highly valued! THANKS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look here: http://www.billiboard.com/

These guys have some great boards and offer free shipping in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Billiboards offerings look great and I intend to get my first upgrade board there probably within a year.

However, if you aren't sure that you are going to be so head-over-heels in love with the game such that you're willing to spend $200+ on a board, I'd definitely check out Carrom Gear's Boards. I really like my crummy board I got from a local Indian grocery store, but I wish I has started with something from Carrom Gear.

The picture below is a board they offer and it looks pretty nice.

OK, all of that said, if you know you love the game, do go on and spend $200+ on a good board from Billiboards (I've got my eyes on a Synco Winit). Otherwise you're just increasing you're ultimate total cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming from India I can tell you that a good board is half the battle won, because the fun element and skill element is completely dependent on the quality of the playing surface. I got a board made here in India with a Elglish plywood playing surface and a 3.5 inch thick rim for the striker to rebound evenly.

In case you can get a hand on the board and test it, please do so. If you flick the striker with an average force and rebounds almost 3 times, your board surface is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, folks! I'm board shopping!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.