Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy H
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sure many of you have noticed the add lately about pennycave.com. I am wondering if this is a legit site or a scam. Has anyone used it or won anything from it? I did a search online to find information about it and have gotten mixed reviews that it is both a scam and legit. So any bgg'ers out there have any experience with it?

I hope to find out that it is legit because i would hate to think that a site trying to scam people would make it on the beloved bgg.

So any input would be great

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd certainly be cautious. An auction site you have to pay just to make bids on seems, well, sketchy at best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're seeing Pennycave ads, they're not working directly with us but coming through Google ads, so they're not necessarily someone we're recommending. That's not to say that they're bad or good, but we're not working directly with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been reading alot of reviews of them...and most of them say "depends on your definition" of a scam.

if you win, then you get a great deal. but pennycave makes out like a bandit. they make a ton of money off people bidding (each $0.01 increase means a dollar in their pocket)...so if you are lucky enough to win, good. if not its money down the hole.

I have a friend who was lucky enough to win off the 2 free bids they give you for signing up. he had no problem getting the item.

I used my 2 free bids and didn't win, and won't be buying any other bids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Snyder
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't you be playing a game with me instead of wasting time on the Internet?
mbmbmbmbmb
basically, these kinds of services are gambling.http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/001261.html If your in the mood for gambling on gaming, go right ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy H
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. That is kinda what i thought about the site and ill just stick to Ebay. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.