Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fun game with my 8 year old tonight trying to claim victory for the British. On the Days Of Wonder site, out of 1264 plays, the Germans are up 54%-46%. The average score is 4 to 3.6.

Our result - German Victory 5-3.

The Allies started strong, good rolls with Germans rolling poorly, initially anyway. The Allies moved slowly however. Darn sand and obstacles.

The Allies, having lost 2 of their Commando Units and a tank unit, received an order Direct From HQ. The four units marched and attacked on the left and right flanks. While taking out a weakened tank unit, the rest of the attacks resulted in only wounds and no more medals. This left them a tad exposed and adjacent to several German units. Which, would prove to be their downfall.

The German played a Counter Attack and chose four units all at close combat range. The first and third attacks finished off the last Commando Unit and the second tank unit, for a German victory.

In hindsight the German Artillery was not as deadly as I had thought it might be, although it was responsible for taking out the last Tank Unit.

Coordinated attacks on the Left and Right were effective in taking out the German Bunkers. However, did they spend too much time on them and not enough making bee lines for the towns? I had one unit threatening a town on the left. I should also consider moving one man units back. It just seems tough to use a recon on moving guys back, but it would lessen chances for getting hit.

Can't wait to play it again. It'll also be interesting to see how the Air Pack changes things.

Looking at the Air Pack, I want to try taking both Left and Right Flank Commando units hugging their respective sides to go for the towns and ignore the bunkers. The Center will swarm around the bunker. Nice plans, we'll see how they play out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.