BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Looking to play some boardgames in toledo ohio rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan McGee
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm particularly interested in games like Twilight Imperium and Axis and Allies, I own copies of both and would love to share some session with some new people as no one I know ever has the time or interest to play them.

I'd also like to meet up with someone who has a copy of Tide of Iron, as I'd like to give it a shot.

I'm usually available on weekends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a group that meets every other Friday. It tends to tip towards lighter Euro-fare, but it's flexible and were you to mention ahead of time that you were bringing either of your titles, you'd probably get takers.

We use Yahoo Groups to organize (ToledoGaming):
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ToledoGaming/

Alex Yeager

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McGee
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Sounds neat.

What exactly is 'lighter euro-fare' though if I might ask?

I'm certainly up for different kinds of games, though I tend to like ones with a bit of a political or war based flare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I suggest an appropriate game:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Montney
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Game Room (FLGS) in Toledo might help you get a pick up game going. There are a lot of gamers of all stripes (Grognards, BBG, CCG, Minis, and RPG) that hang out there and they have numerous gaming tables for everyone to use.

3000 W Sylvania Ave # 1
Toledo, OH 43613-4128
(419) 475-3775

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest getting in contact with one of the two people below here on BGG. They run a group called Sages in Toledo and they meet every Tuesday and Friday night and all day on the first Saturday of each month.

Richard Adkins
(Grandsage)

Wallace E. Friedel II
(Mr Freedly)

Tell them that I sent ya,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, being a "New User," I was a little scared to throw around too many names. Games like Power Grid, Puerto Rico and Caylus are not strangers, but typical games take into account the venue (a coffeehose) and the time constraint (games need to wrap up in 3 hours or so on a typical night). Longer stuff doesn't usually hit the table without prior arrangement (easily done on the mailing list, however).

I'll second the Sages note as well; they're good folk and do much more all-day gaming (more conducive to the titles you mentioned).

Good luck!
Alex Yeager

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.