Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not finding the expected dates for next year's Championship / Challenge tourneys, human or bot, anywhere obvious at www.arimaa.com. Can someone please elighten me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Juhnke
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Omar hasn't posted the 2010 events schedule yet. It's not too early to be thinking about it, though. Maybe you could give him a nudge in the Forum and/or through the the contact page: http://arimaa.com/arimaa/contact/

Last year's schedule worked out pretty well, so I expect it to be unchanged this year. See http://arimaa.com/arimaa/wc/2009/sch.html

World Championship Preliminaries: January & early February
World Championship Finals: late February & March
Computer Championship: early March
Challenge Screening: late March
Arimaa Challenge: April
Postal Mixer: April through November

That means from now through December the tournament scene is dead, except that people start to gear up for the tournaments late in the year.

With the release of Arimaa boxed sets, I'm expecting to see record participation in the open World Championship Preliminaries, Challenge Screening, and Postal Mixer. That doesn't change the schedule except insofar as the World Championship Preliminaries take longer if more people sign up. It's a Swiss-paired tournament that continues until all but eight or fewer people have at least three losses. In the past this has required five or six rounds (one round per week), but if more people sign up in 2010 it might require seven or eight rounds. Here's hoping everyone plays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Karl - I know I'm in. I can't only play bots . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.