Subject: White Wolf's "Hunter: Deadly Prey" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Hawthorne
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Haven't Even Played It Yet, And Already...
Man, I hate having to say stuff like this, but...
I thought "Wow, $25 for ANY new boardgame is a good price", and I always preferred killing monsters to playing one, which is why I bought EVERYTHING for the first run of "Hunter: The Reckoning", and welcomed the new edition. So I figured "Sure, I'll check it out".
Woof. Set-up is laborious, rules are a bit dense but not imcomprehensible... but here's my problem. My copy came with a duplicate of one of the 12 monsters... which meant I actually had only 11 monsters.
This wouldn't have been too big a problem, had the game documents included a parts inventory; but they do not (or if they do, I sure couldn't find it).
So I wrote an e-mail to White Wolf, saying "Hey, folks, here's the monsters I DO have, Could you grab a card for the one I'm missing and throw it in the mail?"
Now, that didn't seem like an unreasonable request to me, but if someone had even bothered to write back to say "No, sorry, all the stock is in China, we can't help you," I might not have LIKED the answer but I could have accepted it - it wouldn't be the first time a publisher had to tell me that.
But nothing. No response whatsoever to three total e-mails and two phone call voice mail messages.
Which tells me that however great White Wolf customer service may be on their other products, their regard for this one is so low that I don't feel I should give it any more consideration than they did.
Sometimes all you need to know about a game is how dedicated the publishers are to supporting it.
This incident told me a lot about "Hunter: Deadly Prey".
So I won't be hosting it for my game club, after all.
Oh, well.
D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI:
This is for the game Hunter: Deadly Prey, if anyone wants to cross-reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.