• [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No chain, no cycling. Is it a step (Kick scooter as Wikipedia tells me)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly the video is obviously marketing hype. No real brakes (the disks are just mockups), only one pedal. When you see him moving it is down-hill or having just pushed off with his feet.

Secondly the inventor says it has a 'hydrolic' drive system. I think that means the pedalling pumps some liquid inside the frame and drives the rear hub that way. Horribly inefficient.

Thirdly, no seat-tube no vertical adjustability. With all the hinges it is likely to be as laterally stable as a piece of wet spaghetti.

Finally, the inventor says it can be built and sold for £400. I call foul. Too many high-end components - mono-blade forks, revolutionary drive system.

Apparently the inventor is an art student and this won some kind of design competition. IMO there are far better folding bikes available right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice technical breakdown.

Here's another warning sign-- If you watch, during the folding demonstration, there are 8 cut-edits (I went back and counted).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the people at Segway can breathe a sigh of relief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow..you guys are harsh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harsh but fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Even if it does work as claimed, is this any less unwieldy than pushing around a regular bicycle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
Even if it does work as claimed, is this any less unwieldy than pushing around a regular bicycle?

Good point. The only unwieldy thing about pushing a bicycle is being hit in the ankle by a pedal. If you could make the pedals fold flush, and maybe turn the handle bar 90 degrees, bikes would be 60% thinner while stowing away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:

For those of us who live/work in a city with an underground/metro system then yes. Normal bikes aren't allowed on all lines. A folding bike is (it is small enough to count as luggage). However the Brompton is smaller (when folded) than this bike (it has smaller wheels) and is already established as the best commuter folding bike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.