Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Henry
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares Mothership to command beginning Phase One of the invasion plan. Destroy G.U.A.R.D.!!

Managed to sit down and play 2 rounds of MonPoc this weekend with my good buddy Serge. He fielded a GUARD force packed to the gills with G-Tanks, Rocket Choppers, G1 Strike Fighters lead by the mighty Sky Sentinel. I counted with Martian Menace expedition consisting of Saucers, a Power Pod, a Marauder, a Hunter, a few Reapers and most importantly a pack of rabid Vanguards.

We opened on Block War with a pretty full load of buildings. Radar Dish on his side, Insurance building on mine, being the only one worth noteing. Lots of High-Rises and Apartment Buildings.

His army, being almost entirely focuses on range, quick secured the Radar Dish and moved into the middle of the map. I plopped down all my Vanguards and got them into attack formation around my Elite Vanguard. This wing of troops really proved to be devastating. Sky Sentinel moved down and crushed a building to load up on P-Dice early while my Mothership went up the opposite side of the map to match his carnage taking out a building as well. G-Tanks we're firmly parked on a lot of the Power Nodes, smacking away at any attempts by my Reapers to hold ground. The increased range was just to painful. So the Mothership with two saucers in tow swooped in and abducted away most of his units. At the same time my Vanguards we're on the other side of the board swarming Sky Sentinel. He would Stomp and take them all out, but being so deep in my territory they would respawn and pick the attack right up. Smartly he retreated and our monsters clashed.

Throws and Body Slams we're traded. The city was starting to show the signs of destruction. Sky Sentinel eeked out a short throw just 1 square to take down my Alpha form. Ultra Ares Mothership hits the field. Negation quickly comes into play. No more of those pesky Throws. Sky Sentinel is forced to back peddle, but Force Fields glow brightly and serve as a good deterrent to stop those blast attacks. In the end, the Mothership and her small fleet of Vanguards prove too much and overwhelm the forces of good.

"The giant robots of GUARD are rusting hulks now. Who will come to the defence of the Earth? What's that? It's a blast from the past! A new challenger appears!"
Keep a lookout for game two.
Alien Invasion - Phase Two: Day of the Dinos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ares is a tough monster. The negation ruins that impulse to use it as a frisbee.

Are you going to use it for the next fight or try a different Martian?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.