Subject: Missing an End tie condition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems odd that there is no condition to seperate ties at the end of the game.

I would have thought the number of Rongo tablets to have been a suitable condition, especially now that they have been removed from adding points to a player score at the end of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the reason for there being no tie-breaker is that whatever they chose would feel arbitrary. You might use rongo tablets, of course, but there is no special merit in having most of them (not more than in having most workers or tribe tokens, for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
I think the reason for there being no tie-breaker is that whatever they chose would feel arbitrary. You might use rongo tablets, of course, but there is no special merit in having most of them (not more than in having most workers or tribe tokens, for example).

The one thing in favour of using the Rongo tablets over anything else is that they are already used as a means of settling ties through out the game: in auctions. So it seems natural to use that at the end.

Using the number of workers as a secondary or condition to settle ties make sense too.

My gut feeling is that anything is better than nothing as a means of producing a result. Providing you know in advance what the end tie conditions are, you can alter your gameplay in your favour throughout the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rejoice in shared victory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.