Subject: Ticket To Ride - The Wild West rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrick Hom
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strap on your six-shooter and go west, young man! Welcome to the Wild West, where fortunes are made and lost each and every day. Stake your claim in the big cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles. View breathtaking scenery in Monterey, Yosemite, and Lake Tahoe. Be careful not to lose your shirt in Reno and Las Vegas. Discover obscure locations such as Gerlach and Niland. Don’t get stranded in the middle of the desert in Austin and Needles. Even travel a portion of the famous Route 66 (Kingman, Barstow, San Bernandino). So hop on board, the train is about to leave!

Here is a picture of the game board:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/534382

Here is the download link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/45696

Enjoy!

Darrick
seismicity1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great work! Board looks real cool with very interesting choke points. Background may be a bit too dark (ink eater) but that's fine with me.

Just so you know, there's already a "Wild Wild West" extension to TTR which is a set of event cards to play with the standard TTR (USA) game, so you may want to rename yours "Far West" or "American West" to avoid confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrick Hom
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Carl.

Actually, it is only dark up in the northwest corner as it lightens up to desert in the southeast. I figure by having different shades, you utilize more of the ink cartridge rather than using up one portion of the cartridge with only one color.

Yeah, the Marysville-Sacramento-Stockton portion is probably critical early in the game. But also beware of East Nevada, which contains mostly medium to long routes. While there are not a lot of destinations out there, getting blocked out there during a game can make rerouting very painful.

It plays a lot like Ticket To Ride Europe and I find for younger players, such as my two nephews, it is better to allow station building so they have more fun. However, when I play with my friends, we have a saying, "Let's block some trains!" Within a few turns into the game, all of us are cursing and already attempting backup strategies. It makes for an interesting evening.

As for the name, I was aware of the extension. However, "American West" and "Far West" just doesn't have the same ring to it. If I find there is a lot of confusion over the issue, I'll reconsider.

Thanks,
Darrick

P.S. The download file only contains the board chopped up into 12 pieces. The actual gameboard graphic as a whole is over 10MB large. If you are one of those people who want the full uncut board, send me a PM and I'll find a way to get it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always get San Diego for my long ticket and I NEVER connect it! This is a very tight map with lots of choke points. Good job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.