Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the Brig and Detention Center prevent characters from moving, but are they allowed to use movement abilities while incarcerated? My instinct is that they can, or the Detention Center would specify that they may not do anything during their Movement Step. Also, Critical Situation will make Boomer very unhappy, as it will be a useless card that reduces the number of scouting cards she can play while she's in the brig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rule that they cannot. The rules state that a movement power is something you can do in lieu of moving. If you don't have the option to move, then you can't forfeit that option to do the other thing.

=][=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudotheist wrote:
So, the Brig and Detention Center prevent characters from moving, but are they allowed to use movement abilities while incarcerated? My instinct is that they can, or the Detention Center would specify that they may not do anything during their Movement Step. Also, Critical Situation will make Boomer very unhappy, as it will be a useless card that reduces the number of scouting cards she can play while she's in the brig.

I disagree. Critical Situation will make Boomer very happy. It's not as if she typically has a shortage of Launch Scout cards, and her inability to draw Executive Order is a crippling weakness.

Since Critical Situation is basically an Executive Order on yourself, it kind of makes up for this weakness. Anyone else can get two actions a turn by XOing someone if they trust them, but Boomer doesn't have that option... until now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
But if she can't use it in the brig, where she always goes, it's just gonna cut down her supply of scouts while she's in there. The people it's really gonna make happy are the Cylon Admirals. "You mean I can park myself in FTL, make a bad jump early AND reveal? And I don't have to get some sucker to XO me to do it?" It's a good thing they can't keep themselves out of the brig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Stevenhagen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Brig says you can't move out of it. It doesn't say anything about you being incapable of moving while in it. Though these things appear to have the same result, it causes you to still have a "movement step" while in the brig. As such, it would appear to me that you can use your movement step for a replacement move effect (such as the tactics card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grinning One wrote:
The Brig says you can't move out of it. It doesn't say anything about you being incapable of moving while in it.

That is precisely what it does say, the wording on the space is "You may not move, ...", not "You may not move out of the brig, ...", so on that basis, if a movement ability is in lieu of movement, which you can't do while in the brig, then you can't use one while in the brig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BSG manual wrote:
Movement powers are abilities that a player may use during the Movement step of his turn in lieu of moving. A player may either move or use a Movement ability during his Movement step, but not both.

I take it to mean that each Movement step you have a choice: move or use a movement ability. In the Brig, the first choice is not available, but the second one is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, looks like I was wrong on this, I've just had confirmation from Corey that you can use movement abilities when you are in the Brig or Detention Centre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
O.k. NOW Boomer is happy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if Boomer is happy, we are happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.