Shogun» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few question after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I've got a few question on Shogun rules after my first full 5 player game.

1. Event card: Does the event cards opened for the first year are reshuffled back again with the others to decide the event cards for the next year?

2. Is the bidding done earlier than the planning or is it all done in the same time with the planning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
My name is Watt wrote:
1. Event card: Does the event cards opened for the first year are reshuffled back again with the others to decide the event cards for the next year?

Event cards are discarded after each year ends since there are more than 8 cards in the deck, thus the odds for a unique game each time are high.

My name is Watt wrote:
2. Is the bidding done earlier than the planning or is it all done in the same time with the planning.

Bidding is done while planning; this is definitely what adds spice to the game 'cause in many cases start order will define how well your planning is executed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nicolas.

So the first year event cards are reshuffled back with the others to determine the 2nd year event card.

Now I see some rules were not implemented correctly in my first play

We bid before planning.
And the building tie wasn't counted OOpps though it won't change the victor There is afterall no 2nd winner in Shogun laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
My name is Watt wrote:
So the first year event cards are reshuffled back with the others to determine the 2nd year event card.

No, these are completely discarded meaning that they are out of the game and cannot be used again until the next time. This prevents you from having to deal with the same event more than once per game. Bear in mind that you have 12 total and unique event cards and you'll use only 8 of them each game so you'll have to face many different situations each time you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks that is what I was asking. Tomorrow we are going to play another 5 player game. This time all rules should be applied correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.