Popular Tags: [View All]
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another similar question: can I play Captured by the Ring [Play Gollum from your draw deck or discard pile to add a threat.] if my opponent already has the maximum threat number allowed, just to play Gollum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Greuel
Benin
Dulles
Virginia
msg tools
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16
badge
"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." -Mark 16:16
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. In this scenario, the cost is technically playing Gollum and your reward is technically adding the threat. You are allowed to pay the cost of a card even if you don't gain the full reward, so go ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Nick is right, and the cost-effect thing is how you should view all these cards. Just as an additional example, if the card had instead said,

"Add a threat to play Gollum from your draw deck or discard pile."

Then you wouldn't be able to add a threat or play Gollum if the maximum threat number was already reached, since you wouldn't be able to pay the cost (add a threat).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm, ok, I think I have understood it. In practice the cost supersedes the effect/reward. Thank you again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.