Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in the couple dozen games I've played, we've overlooked Conspiracy cards completely. We just haven't included them in any decks because we were interested in working with the regular Story cards. However, with a little experience under our belts, now we're thinking about them.

Does anyone regularly use Conspiracy cards? Obviously, the more targeted (and, therefore, more playable) ones have emerged in the Sleeper cycle packs. In thinking of a Miskatonic/Cthulhu or Miskatonic/Hastur deck, I was considering the Endless Investigation and then using that result to find the Underwater Conspiracy, using that to my Terror advantage and, conceivably, winning to blow away Willpower types that I could then entrap with Victoria's Loft... Obviously, it would take some effort to set up and Underwater is really only useful against Agency and Miskatonic opponents, but would make a nice sideboard card.

For that matter, does anyone in organized play use sideboards a la M:TG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had always been unimpressed with conspiracies, but in casting about for a way to counter my main opponent's 'Shub breeder Red Tide' deck, I built an Agency deck which includes three of 'The Endless Investigation'.

Was surprised how powerful that conspiracy is against a deck without investigation.

And its feature to search your deck to bring out another copy of itself is also very useful. Don't know why one would want to bring out a different conspiracy, unless you are playing highlander.

Never used sideboards, seems to me they would make a tournament organizer's job ten times as hard.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we wouldn't be playing Highlander, per se, but we were thinking of following the League rules posted on FFG's site a while back (e.g. one copy of the base game, AH, MoM, and Sleeper per player.) That way, in the spirit of the LCG format, it wouldn't be totally driven by who can throw down the most money on cards.

I was thinking of sideboards for tournaments if we do decide to have them, since they help with running into decks that you simply can't handle. In M:TG, the standard is 60-card decks with a 15-card sideboard. In CoC, I was thinking of a 10-card sideboard to go with the 50-card decks. And it's not that much trouble, really. You just hand in the sideboard list with the decklist when you sign up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.