BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Noob aint got no geek gold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John V
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok I admit it...Brand new to this site and brand new to these types of games. I like rummy games and now own all possible dominion cards. Thinking of TtR as my next game.

So for all you experienced geeks - what is the easiest way to get gold on this freakin' site? I want some kool badges!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Easy!
Just look at the front page.
All you need to do is to ask your girlfriend/wife to take some erotic position on your bed, you spread whatever game you have in front of her, bring your camera, make sure to focus and center on the bumpers, and voila!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm good I swear!
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
Easy!
Just look at the front page.
All you need to do is to ask your girlfriend/wife to take some erotic position on your bed, you spread whatever game you have in front of her, bring your camera, make sure to focus and center on the bumpers, and voila!

Couldn't have said it better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnv1215 wrote:
So for all you experienced geeks - what is the easiest way to get gold on this freakin' site? I want some kool badges!!!!

Try this:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/321739

Welcome to Board Game Geek. (Or Geekdo if you came in through the construction awning.)

The basic answer is to contribute to the site, even by re-asking questions that need re-answering every so often!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
panhandleer alert on aisle 4. Can we please get security.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the site - I'm pretty new myself (thirtysome days, I think). Best thing to do is contribute; it's all in the wiki, and it's not too difficult. I had enough gg to get my avatar at around twenty days in. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bindon
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Far Wilds contest can net you 25 in short order. You just have to sign up and play a few quick games against the computer. Make sure to play the games first, and do the quiz to enter the contest after you get your bonus code.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/427287

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henry
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been here for a year and the Far Wilds thing finally netted me my Avatar. That contest plus a Session report will get you ~26 GG or 3 Microbadges.

The other much easier option. DONATE! Not only will you snag a bunch of GG but you will also get the totally hip Donation badge on your profile! Oh yeah also you'll help the site keep running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also donate to the site. For every dollar you give, you get one GeekGold, plus, when you donate over a certain amount (I think it's $15 or $25) you get the "patron" tag, plus free adblocking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henry
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ludopoly wrote:
You could also donate to the site. For every dollar you give, you get one GeekGold, plus, when you donate over a certain amount (I think it's $15 or $25) you get the "patron" tag, plus free adblocking.

ninja'ed me while I was editing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're brand new, start playing games and write some session reports. Dominion ones are definitely welcomed. One session report for each permutation of Dominion cards... okay, get crackin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
martica wrote:
The Far Wilds contest can net you 25 in short order. You just have to sign up and play a few quick games against the computer. Make sure to play the games first, and do the quiz to enter the contest after you get your bonus code.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/427287

Indeed. In my years here, I've never seen an easier way to earn GG than tbe Far Wilds contest (which I believe is open for two more days).

Play the Sylvans against easy AI and you basically don't even need to learn how to play - you just about can't lose even if you try.

After being stuck at geekbadge-but-no-uber for years, that contest finally vaulted me over the uber threshold. I can now make an uberbadge if and when I find the time and motivation to design something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ludopoly wrote:
when you donate over a certain amount (I think it's $15 or $25) you get the "patron" tag, plus free adblocking.

So wait...

When I DONATE over $25 I get something FREE?

$25... Free...

Free... $25...

I fail to see this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Get to work! Contribute!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Contribute in whatever manner you deem most interesting and grow outward from there. And of course all of the aforementioned things my fellow Geeks have shared! cool

Welcome to the life long addiction (err hobby) knowing as boardgmaing... laugh

Here's a little to get you started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Batten
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Write a review or session report, post a game image, moderate contributions, upload a file for a game-aid, donate, or create an entry for an unknown game. All of those things are covered in the site wiki entries for new users already, though.

Nobody's expecting contributions that are outstanding, but if they are useful people may even give you tips that you'll have earned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.