Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
128 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Hot August Nights Math Trade - Discussion (RESULTS OFFICAL - see pg 1) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Here in SE Wisconsin, we're about to have our first real warm weather of the Summer. I'm not exactly big on warm weather so as long as I plan to be inside, why not have a short math trade?

Please note the dates below, as this is a short duration Math Trade that will last only 4 days from start to finish!

Trade Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45031
Request Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45033

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

OK - some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

1) Gift certificates, Geekgold, DVDs etc are all permitted.

2) Gift certificate and GG arbitrage are not allowed.

3) Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) or "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" (game id 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

4) You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it as this looks, in the OLWLG, as if you are.

5) Your shipping restrictions must be clearly stated and if you are not covering full shipping, you must state precisely how much of the shipping you will cover. You are not permitted to require a specific amount for shipping from the recipient and must cover at least the first $5 of shipping costs for items you send out. "Mirror shipping" is not allowed. People will offer to pay what they think they can afford, within the rules - if you don't like someone else's shipping policies, then don't put their items on your list. Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!
If you are not covering full shipping within your own country, please state clearly where you are shipping from as this will help anyone who is trying to figure out their shipping cost for your item.

If you're shipping and want to pay extra for insurance, without the recipient requesting it, that's your choice and that cost should not be passed on to the recipient without their prior consent.

6) Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

7) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know.

8) Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

9) Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

Other useful information

OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

List Cap: None

Maximum Submissions Per User: Unlimited

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.

Key dates (all times CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Now until Sunday, August 9th (10pm)

Want list submission period: Sunday, August 9th (10pm) until Tuesday, August 11th (10pm) - no extensions!

Results posted about an hour thereafter.

Please note that it's best to work on your want list and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Also: Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread.

When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Want list submission

Submissions may be made at any time after the 9th at 10pm, but only by the OLWLG. You may resubmit updated want lists using the OLWLG any time during the submission period. If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.

Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.

Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Hot August Nights Math Trade - Discussion
# MISSING 145 WANTS (13.8%) FROM 16 USER(s) (9.3%):
# Cate108 (4)
# chansen2794 (10)
# cuzzle (8)
# Dustin Miller (6)
# fastspinecho (3)
# howaa (2)
# JeffyJeff (45)
# jonocop (8)
# lonnie913 (11)
# ososnilknarf (4)
# pboucher (16)
# scottsnew1 (3)
# Stas (2)
# Tatsu (3)
# the_great_dalmuti (7)
# themilkcrate (13)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Hot August Nights Math Trade - Discussion (Results official)
Official results:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Official Wantlist:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/45031-officialwants.txt

Most wanted:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/mostwanted.cgi?listid=4503...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, good. I was looking for some train games and Descent expansions and was wondering when the next math trade would start. This will be my 5th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woohoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
This pleases me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Moreno
United States
Ridgewood
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be my first Math Trade. If I were to add GG what is considered a reasonable amount. Obviously I can add whatever I like, and others are free to accept or reject the listing, but for those of you experienced in this sort of thing, what is an amount that won't be scoffed at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Astinex wrote:
This would be my first Math Trade. If I were to add GG what is considered a reasonable amount. Obviously I can add whatever I like, and others are free to accept or reject the listing, but for those of you experienced in this sort of thing, what is an amount that won't be scoffed at?

Good question. Right now 10GG=$1 (approx). In the past, I've traded 150GG for a small game, but I think I've seen others trade as little as 100GG for a game.

That being said, whenever I list GG in a math trade, I try to target specific items. For example, if I'm looking to trade GG for an item that goes for $35, I may list GG somehwere between 350-450, depending how much I want the item. But if I'm looking at a less popular $35 game, I may list a little less than that.

Hopefully that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've traded GG for small games on three occasions:

110GG for Oasis

100GG for The Princess Bride: Storming the Castle

100GG for Battlestar Galactica: The Miniseries, Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5, Battlestar Galactica: Season 3, Battlestar Galactica: The Razor - yes, that was exceptionally lucky and is the exception rather than the rule.

The most interesting observation that I can make is that it seems like once you get over 200GG, your chances of making a trade seem to decrease. Most people who put up large amounts of GG tend to want larger games, with a minimum value of the "exchange rate" for their GG. But most people who have games of such value are looking for either other games of that value or something more valuable, so you rarely see the larger amounts of GG traded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ok, I just resynched the trade list, but I need to step out for a few hours. I'll update it again when I get back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Traut

Erie
Pennsylvania
msg tools
Are the terms of the trade strictly, "offer one item and request one item?" I have Axis and Allies and am looking for Neuroshima Hex or Samurai, so how exactly do I post?

Thanks very much for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Traut

Erie
Pennsylvania
msg tools
I had just finished the post and noticed that I skipped over that, thanks very much though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEggplantWizard wrote:

Also, are the terms of the trade strictly, "offer one item and request one item?" I have Axis and Allies and am looking for Neuroshima Hex or Samurai, so how exactly do I post?

You are trading one entry for another entry. It is your decesion to offer as many games as you want in your entry. There is a geeklist somewhere which goes over all this. Sorry I don't know the address offhand.

Bah they are right here in the rules of the math trade:

Other useful information

OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEggplantWizard wrote:
Are the terms of the trade strictly, "offer one item and request one item?" I have Axis and Allies and am looking for Neuroshima Hex or Samurai, so how exactly do I post?

You could ask if someone could post them bundled together on the request list.

It is a small likelihood but worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEggplantWizard wrote:

You have two copies of A&A? You listed it twice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We need a reminder added to the rules: Do NOT delete items once they have been submitted. Use the strikethrough option and submit a blank want list instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45031/item/1009305#ite...

"Hey Anglotiger... watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat."

"Again? That trick never works."

"Nothing up my sleeves. Presto!"

"Grrrrrr!"

"I must be using the wrong hat!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan G.
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
If only you knew.................
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I am new to this but when I look at the OWLG I see that it says there are 303 items and 1 of those being mine. However when I look at the actual geeklist I see 371 items. When I went to step 3 of the OWLG it only shows 303 items. I am only asking cause one of the items past 303 is one that I would really like to have and I cant add it to my want list. Being a noob, I am willing to bet I am doing something wrong. Would a wiser BGG member care to help me out?

I would appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pitt
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The OLWLG does not sync up with the Geeklist automatically. The mod has to do it. If he's not available the OLWLG may be a bit behind.

Be patient and it will catch up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
happyabg wrote:
I know I am new to this but when I look at the OWLG I see that it says there are 303 items and 1 of those being mine. However when I look at the actual geeklist I see 371 items. When I went to step 3 of the OWLG it only shows 303 items. I am only asking cause one of the items past 303 is one that I would really like to have and I cant add it to my want list. Being a noob, I am willing to bet I am doing something wrong. Would a wiser BGG member care to help me out?

I would appreciate it.

If you scroll up this very list, you will see that our fearless leader left us a note:

"Ok, I just resynched the trade list, but I need to step out for a few hours. I'll update it again when I get back."

Patience, grasshopper.

P.S. Jason is a faster draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan G.
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
If only you knew.................
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:

If you look up this very list, you will see that out fearless leader left us a note:

"Ok, I just resynched the trade list, but I need to step out for a few hours. I'll update it again when I get back."

Patience, grasshopper.

I knew it had to be something I was missing. The funny thing is I remember reading that a little while ago but I thought it only had to do with the person that deleted an entry in the list. Oh well, thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
happyabg wrote:

I knew it had to be something I was missing. The funny thing is I remember reading that a little while ago but I thought it only had to do with the person that deleted an entry in the list. Oh well, thanks for your help.

You will get the hang of it. I just started doing math trades a few months ago. I found the educational tutorials and these discussion boards to be life saver when I started.

A couple of things you can do during this "down time" is figure out how to use duplicate protection (yes, you need it if you are listing more than one item) and figure out value of your items so you do not accidentally rip yourself off.

In my first trade I swapped a shrink wrapped copy of St. Petersburg for a used copy of Pecking Order. I now realize that I could have gotten a much more valuable game. Oh well, live and learn.

Do a little research (the BGG marketplace or eBay completed sales for that item) so that you will not be disappointed. What is your items worth? What are the items on you want list worth? Remember... you specify what you will accept. List only want items that will make you happy.

That will keep you busy for a while. I am doing that right now.

Happy Trading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.