Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bailey
United States
Morrow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen the answer to this so here goes. My niece got married in a city far away from Baghdad. How can she win the game with the marriage rules? Every time she enters a different city, she will have to return to her home city on the next turn. Are there any cards that will put her in Baghdad?? I don't see how she can win. She's just too far away. Please help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understood the rules correctly, when you're married whenever you have an encounter in a *city* that isn't your origin city, before you can have another encounter in a different city, you must first return to your origin city and have an encounter there.

In this way, you can have millions (ok, hundreds) of encounters in *non-city* spaces and never need to return to your origin city. It's only after you have one in a city do you need to return. Passing through a city doesn't trigger it, only landing on one and having an encounter there.

That way she can go to Baghdad and win without any hassle, providing the encounters she's had since last visiting her origin city (or becoming married) have been in non-city spaces. Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Jeff is correct. She needs to avoid having encounters in cities until she reaches Baghdad. This restriction is a nuisance, but is only really a problem if you become Ensorcelled.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
xxbriguyxx wrote:
Every time she enters a different city, she will have to return to her home city on the next turn.

Yes ... There's your problem

It doesn't have to be on her next turn, just before she goes to any other city.

So ... Go home, then go straight to Badhdad, only having encounters in the forests and deserts, etc.

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bailey
United States
Morrow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Jeff, Matthew, and Nick! I feel like an idiot (and sometimes I am). blush Now we can resume our game today (we started late last night) and maybe she'll win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Trosper
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Octavian wrote:
She needs to avoid having encounters in cities until she reaches Baghdad. This restriction is a nuisance, but is only really a problem if you become Ensorcelled. -MMM
Or able to move only 1 space at a time, because Lost. Or because Crippled AND Wounded while Poor or worse. Probably among other possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.