Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Treacherous Cretin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK we all know there are the derranged ones who spend hours/wads of cash pimping up Agricola ( guilty as charged ! )

Would you be willing to do the same to Le Harve ? I mean its going to take 684 pieces of shaped and coloured wood to do so.

So would you ?? It might cost about $80/£50 to get the complete pack, or slightly more if you got several packs over time to spread the cost.

Still interested ?? Post a comment ( even if its to tell me "Go boil your head" )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
MidKentGamerUK wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:
No.

What he said!

Ditto. I mean, even if I were so inclined, where on the board would all the bits go? Replacing the board with a big Plano storage seem like stripping the game down just to pimp it. I'm a big fan of Le Havre, as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't like Le Havre all that much, and it's not worth it to me to spend any more money on it. The chits work fine for what they are, especially since it's easier to flip one over than put a wooden thing back and get a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I really like the components as-is, and of course pimping the set sounds like a functional nightmare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm going to go ahead and say "go boil your head," just because I've never heard that expression before and I think it's fun to say. But seriously, don't do that. It would hurt.

As some other people have said, I think the double-sided nature of the bits in Le Havre make it not very conducive to replacement with wooden bits, unless you could somehow incorporate the double-sidedness into the new bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i wouldn't pimp the counters, but the board sure can use SOME pimping. i use ikea teacandleholders made of glass for the quays (so one can see the type of quay). and for the big storages of wood, coal etc. i use the inlays from my storage. makes setup easier and fast. as you can see here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
England
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already pimped mine. Some 'borrowed' from Agricola, e.g. cattle, grain, wood. The rest made fresh using Fimo. I have left the boats as is, though I saw Frank had made some out of Fimo. Lastly I'm in the process of making some 'people. These are about 3 or 4 times the size of the Agricola Farmers, and allow for a bit more expression.

Also I used Dannecus' player mats as inspiration for some boards which I believe make the playing easier. I'd recommend Dannecus' mats to anyone, whether they are changing the other components or not.

Not sure why this is posted under Buying and Selling? Do you want to buy a pimped set? I'm not suggesting selling by the way! Or are you hoping that Lookout will make them up to sell on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would I back slap Le Havre for not behaving and being rude in order to keep her in line? Sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Newsh wrote:

Also I used Dannecus' player mats as inspiration for some boards which I believe make the playing easier. I'd recommend Dannecus' mats to anyone, whether they are changing the other components or not.

does he have a website, like universal head? or should one look simply in the files?

and it is funny, the only thing i would make from fimo for le havre, you did not. the ships. thats individuality for you!
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treacherous Cretin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the responses. Just to clear things up I have made the player mats from the files section ( Brilliant !! ) I have got some crafting clear plastic trays to hold the stock on the board to keep things tidy.

What I was asking was is there any market to make ALL the resource componants out of wood pieces....I got a shock when i added up all the bits required, even worse realising the cost. So far the market research conclusions are almost 100% NO and one head boiling request.

Perhaps they'll make a 10 year anniversery set, all the houses etc in 3D models, wooden componants, nice ship models etc....but if Settlers 3D was £200 then Le Harve 3D will cause another global fiscal nightmare.

Edit fer stuuupid spooling mistatches
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
What the hell would I be doing with a copy of Le Havre? I wasn't too impressed with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was a game that I liked and was played at least occasionally, yes I would. I don't know that I would do all the wood though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
What the hell would I be doing with a copy of Le Havre? I wasn't too impressed with it.

This coming from a person with 900+ games and 1 rating? To each their own, and it would be a real boring world if everyone liked the same things for the same reasons.

On topic, I wouldn't pimp mine out at all, but I wouldn't pimp out Agricola either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:

This coming from a person with 900+ games and 1 rating? To each their own, and it would be a real boring world if everyone liked the same things for the same reasons.

On topic, I wouldn't pimp mine out at all, but I wouldn't pimp out Agricola either.

I just went over this last week. Ratings aren't needed to legitimize my collection. So bringing up ratings/lack of ratings is nothing more than a straw man.

Besides, as you said, "it would be a real boring world if everyone liked the same things for the same reasons." Including BGG's ratings.

There are a lot of games I don't care for. I just thought I'd throw a little levity around. Far be it for gamers to take things lightly. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:

I just went over this last week. Ratings aren't needed to legitimize my collection. So bringing up ratings/lack of ratings is nothing more than a straw man.

Besides, as you said, "it would be a real boring world if everyone liked the same things for the same reasons." Including BGG's ratings.

There are a lot of games I don't care for. I just thought I'd throw a little levity around. Far be it for gamers to take things lightly. shake

If you're allowed to think my casual comment was "over reacting," then I'm sure allowed to think your "levity" was "someone being a dink to the OP." Besides, usually when people intend their comment not to be taken seriously and it means that much to them, they throw a smiley face in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treacherous Cretin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:

Well you could provide some interesting party anecdotes for the protological community cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.