Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got to use my painted King Tiger (Operation Goodwood) and it uses the operations card.

While I agree it is historically accurate we decided that it wasn't very gamey the way it currently stands so we altered it to....

Every time the King Tiger moves it must make a break down roll (no change there)

1-3 = No Effect

4-5 = Light Damage

6 = Heavy Damage

Damage effects are cumulative in subsequent moves (so if it is lightly damaged in one move, and rolls light damage again after another move, it becomes heavily damaged).

Ok, so not a lot of difference really so why bother? Well, as I said, it is more gamey as in the player has more decisions to make. First, there is no risk of automatically losing the King Tiger (that is just plain mean after finally getting a chance to use it) Secondly, the player gets to push his own luck by moving it multiple times if need be. This is much more interactive than the original method and as a result, much more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Siegel
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree; the current card (when in play) is not much fun. I understand that it affects morale more so than the actual destruction it can unleash. I would like to see it utilized more so, but then again, what is more dangerous than a properly working King Tiger?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Drontle
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's my idea for a variant King Tiger card.

Roll a die.
On a 1-4, you may move the Tiger that many spaces (i.e. rolling a 1=1 hex movement, rolling a 4=4 hex movement).
On a 5, no movement is allowed.
On a 6, no movement, PLUS go up on damage (if undamaged, become lightly damaged, if lightly damaged become heavily damaged).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.