Arkham Horror» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The AO's Will Not Be Denied rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Played yet another game yesterday in which seven gates opened in seven turns, so I decided to ignore it and carry on.

This was just as productive as I imagined it would be. The AO had a doom track of eleven and the eleventh doom token was added on game turn eleven. Sealed two, but opened two more and drew one mythos that added two doom. That's a record even for me.

Had one Arkham encounter in which I failed a check, so drew two mythos cards that phase, for a total of twelve actual draws in the eleven turns. Had one monster surge about turn four.

Played again this morning and opened seven gates in eight mythos, failing five- and four-dice checks to seal (Amanda and Mark) just before drawing the seventh open gate. One success would have extended what has become the inevitable.

I chalk these up on my won-loss chart as losses, but I don't really consider them to be, much the same as calling an awakening win a draw.

Some newbies want to know how to lose!?! Let me count the ways.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.