Le Havre» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Brick Makes Good Brick: by Stubb rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Shakespeare
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Ambrose) and I played Le Havre. We used pimento jars to prevent the goods from spilling everywhere:

I decided to use a shipping strategy, and he decided to build everything. Well, almost everything.
I built the key Wharf early, and I was the first to build a wooden ship. Directly after I built the ship, I lost my train of thought or something, because I made some pretty worthless moves, while my bro was building a lot of buildings. It was pretty clear that shipping was the only way to go for me.
After my first shipment, which yielded 15 francs, I bought the Windmill special card, which gave me a discount of 3 energy every time I used energy as part of my main action. This meant that I practically didn't need to pay anything to bake bread, or brick, or build ships. If the Windmill hadn't come out when it did, it's likely that I wouldn't have had a chance.
I ended up with 5 ships: 2 wooden, 1 iron, and 2 steel ships. I once made a shipment that yielded 51 francs! arrrh I thought that I was doing well; but, like I said, my brother was building almost everything, though he got only one scoring building, the Bank. I ended with only 5 buildings, no bonus buildings.
For my final action, I would've shipped more cattle and brick since those were the only goods I had; but my worker was already in the Shipping Line, so I had to find something else. The only way I could get any points was by baking my brick into brick (It's legit. See this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2911443#2911443).
The game was short: only an 1½ hours!!! cool
The final score was close. Brother: 186 and Me: 182!
I really buttered my brick that time.

Signed,
Stubb (the guy in the avatar ) [EDIT: Stubb is no longer my avatar.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.