tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm shocked that Texas is considered politically Competitive. It's been solid Republican for decades (that's been my experience, anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, and Oklahoma "leaning Democrat"? It's been one of the stalwart GOP states of the last 20+ years. Oklahoma was the only state where every single county went McCain in the last Presidential election (as did Alaska, but they don't actually have counties there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
2008 Presidental Election Results by County (Red: Rep, Blue: Dem)

2004 Presidental Election Results by County (Red: Rep, Blue: Dem)

2008 Presidental Election Results by County (Red: Rep, Blue: Dem, Purples: Percentage of Split)

2004 Presidental Election Results by County (Red: Rep, Blue: Dem, Purples: Percentage of Split)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What shreds of credibility Gallup still has is now shredded even further by those BS maps.

Those are basically just visual propaganda tools and are pretty insulting to anyone who isn't easily distracted by pretty colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
What shreds of credibility Gallup still has is now shredded even further by those BS maps.

Those are basically just visual propaganda tools and are pretty insulting to anyone who isn't easily distracted by pretty colors.

I was wondering about that. Isn't a geographical depiction entirely misleading? Wouldn't a giant rural splotch of one colour or the other be actually overshadowed by an urban dot of the other colour representing the millions of a major population centre?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
I was wondering about that. Isn't a geographical depiction entirely misleading? Wouldn't a giant rural splotch of one colour or the other be actually overshadowed by an urban dot of the other colour representing the millions of a major population centre?

That reminds me of an election a while back where the Eagle Forum website broke the results down into square miles to show how dominant the Republican party was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why there is no date on the last chart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.