Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Caylus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Favors and the building power- does it matter if the building is occupied rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this for the first time and wanted to clarify the building favor track.

My interpretation of the rules is that if you gain the wood building favor you get the benefit of ANY wood building in the game regardless of whether the building is on the board, off the board, occupied, empty, built by you or not.

For example, I have built a production building which produces two stone. I am occupying that building. My opponent gains a favor and wants to produce two stone. Is she able to produce that stone?

Example #2. I have built a stone production building. My opponent wants to use that power. Do I get a bonus resource for my opponent using that power via the favor?

Thanks,
Abe and Shabby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah. No. If you take the wood building favor (i.e. the second favor on the building track - the first one is blank), you immediately get to *build* 1 wood building for one wood cheaper than the indicated price (i.e. if the building costs a wood and a food, you can build it for just a food). This new building is placed at the end of the road. Similarly when you take the next favor on that track, you can build one stone building for one stone cheaper than the indicated price.

There is no favor that lets you activate a building, occupied or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. The rules were a bit odd. It had sounded like you could activate any of the buildings, but if you activate the construction ones you get a discount. It would have been nice.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would have been quite a different game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.