Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Monopoly city on NZ Breakfast TV - the "new" monopoly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/breakfast-monday-august-10-...

Still looks like Monopoly to me.
Good to hear that they mentioned actual reading of rules i.e. there is NO free parking.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Waenink
New Zealand
Whangarei
Northland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good post. It doesn't really sound like much of an update. Maybe Breakfast could be encouraged to cover some modern boardgames in the future.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Maybe Breakfast could be encouraged to cover some modern boardgames in the future.


I think I recall seeing a roving reporter on an American good morning type show visit a game group. I'm sure Tamati would be up for something like that
Paul I could see ridiculing whatever game he doesn't understand.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Being lazy, zombie is it actually for sale in nz yet?

I know its available in australia at a hideous price, and its on boardgame geek.

It "looks like" a much newer version of monopoly, since the other ones have only added a few small changes like electronic banking, or "world edition" changes.

With that said, I assume "mega edition" isnt avaialble here yet either.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Tamati would be hella cool for something like that, but would think it'd be some tween type show, not breakfast.

TV3's sunrise is much cooler as it is, so many mail them instead
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
Being lazy, zombie is it actually for sale in nz yet?

I know its available in australia at a hideous price, and its on boardgame geek.

It "looks like" a much newer version of monopoly, since the other ones have only added a few small changes like electronic banking, or "world edition" changes.

With that said, I assume "mega edition" isnt avaialble here yet either.



I'm pretty sure I've seen some copies in Whitcoulls.

Let's not start the Breakfast/Sunrise debate here
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kanoe wrote:
Good post. It doesn't really sound like much of an update. Maybe Breakfast could be encouraged to cover some modern boardgames in the future.


How many seconds do you think it would be before someone asked the "so, is it like monopoly?" question.laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.