Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

I recently got hold of a copy of Fire & Axe, a viking saga. But it's in German.

I can read German fine, but some of my gaming buddies can't, so I wanted to make paste-ups for the cards. I was searching on the geek, but somehow couldn't find examples.

I bought cardsleeves. How do you make your paste-ups? Do you just stick a label on the sleeve? Or does this wear off after repeated shuffling? I'm hesitant to just put a label on my cards. Of course I could just slide a piece of paper in the sleeve, but I guess that would go out of position pretty soon?

I was wondering how you guys solved it

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends a bit on the game, but usually I just insert a bit of paper inside the sleeve in front of the card. If there is a lot of text, the the paper might be the same size as the card - or if you find the bit slides around too much.

Haven't tried sticking onto the actual sleeve - I imagine it would catch, wear etc during shuffling and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done both. A small paste up to the outside of the sleeve is reserved for a game that requires only one shuffle to the deck at the start of the game. Otherwise make the paste up the same width as the card sleeve. Friction will keep it from moving around too much.

Edit: Typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did a paste-up on my German edition of Industria. I used full-sheet Avery labels, and the paste-up files I downloaded here. While the labels stick perfectly well, they're also very easy to remove, if I ever want to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.