Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Willcox
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks! I've got a copy of Age of Renaissance which I would like to sell. It's in good condition (slight scuffing on the box corners) and the only thing missing is the dice - which I'm going to replace - and most of the record sheets have been used - but I'm adding in photocopied ones. The manual says there should be three dice - one white, one black and one coloured. Is the latter simply a normal d6 in a different colour?

Is this game worth anything? Any advice re BGG Marketplace versus ebay? Anyone looking for a copy? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Paulmeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Social Work Dad wrote:
Is this game worth anything?

Look at the "Price History" on the game page here and do a "Completed items" search on ebay to get an idea of this.

Social Work Dad wrote:
Any advice re BGG Marketplace versus ebay?

The answer to your first question may help you here.

I tend to use ebay for my occasional sales in the belief that this gets me a wider audience, but more and more I am finding that buyers are also BGG members, so this may not be a valid assumption. The advantage of using BGG is that your commission goes to a worthy cause instead of a large highly profitable concern. You might also want to consider whether you would ship outside the UK or not, as this may have a bearing on your choice.

Social Work Dad wrote:
Anyone looking for a copy?

No, got one, thanks.

Social Work Dad wrote:
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Paulmeeple

You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Social Work Dad wrote:
Anyone looking for a copy? Any help would be appreciated!

Tore Hedbäck is looking desperately for one game:
Tore Hedbäck
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Take a look at this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/429932
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Social Work Dad wrote:
The manual says there should be three dice - one white, one black and one coloured. Is the latter simply a normal d6 in a different colour?
Yes. Typical red d6 in my set, though I'm not sure if there were ever other colors. There's no particular imporanance to the color of that die, other than not matching either of the other two!

Social Work Dad wrote:
Is this game worth anything?
Yes, it's worth something. It sold for ~$50 (USD) new, and I've seen transactions regularly at about ~$100, but I don't watch it too closely as I already have a copy.

Good luck. The worst thing you can do it let it rot in a closet. Might as well sell to someone who will use it.

-Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Typical red d6 in my set, though I'm not sure if there were ever other colors.

When I bought the game 12 (?) years ago mine came with a green die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were you, I'd ask the question in the Game Valuations forum:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/56/region/1

[edit] I don't know how much good the info on one transaction does you, but I swapped a shrink-wrapped copy Age of Renaissance for new copies of Fire in the Sky and Deluxe Bitter Woods. That was three years ago, and the value of a shrink-wrapped copy is of course much higher for out of print games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Social Work Dad wrote:
Is this game worth anything? Any advice re BGG Marketplace versus ebay? Anyone looking for a copy? Any help would be appreciated!

No, it's not worth anything. It's just taking up precious space in your collection. I'll tell you what, I'll take it off your hands, and you don't even have to replace the dice. I'll even pay the shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to check pricing history with the Boardgamegeek Game Pricing Utility:

http://www.spielboy.com/GeekPrices.php

A like new copy sold for $134 on 10 August 2009.

Several very good copies have sold for about $100 during 2009.

The highest price it shows is $200 for an unpunched copy sold on 16 November 2008.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Willcox
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all the good advice! I've decided to try to sell it via BGG Auctions. However, when I've tried to do this it will only let me select Geekgold as the currency. Is there a way of doing it so I sell it for pounds/dollars?
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Social Work Dad wrote:
Thank you for all the good advice! I've decided to try to sell it via BGG Auctions. However, when I've tried to do this it will only let me select Geekgold as the currency. Is there a way of doing it so I sell it for pounds/dollars?
meeple

I haven't used auctions for a long time, but I suspect that you are right. If you want sterling or dollars, you'll have to fix a price and sell it in the Marketplace instead if you decide to use BGG for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Willcox
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added a thread in the Buying and Selling forum to start auctioning this. I'm not sure if this is good etiquette but I've done it now (and someone has bid!). The Marketplace and Auction were a little too intimidating for a technophobe like me!
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Social Work Dad wrote:
meeple
"Auctions" is for Geekgold typically. To sell and item for $, use the BGG Marketplace and list it for sale there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.