♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
This is sort of a weird thing to happen. I got Witch of Salem a couple of weeks ago, and printed off some player aids for it before it shipped. I made them up this past Friday, and went to put them in the box. I went to the game closet and...

I looked high.

I looked low.

I looked from side to side.

I looked behind things.

I looked in front of things.

I even looked behind the games on my IKEA shelf. It's not there! I can't remember what I did with the stupid game, but I do remember opening and punching it.

Dang it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you lost "the" game. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Batten
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's got to be in your house somewhere if you remember punching it. Under the couch, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shit happens to me all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly, it's hiding IN a game! I've found several lost treasures that way. (...And there was much rejoicing...)

But my copy of Dark Cults HAS turned up missing and I'm at a loss to where I put it! laugh

Hiding, no doubt. "I'll never forget it in here!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
Possibly, it's hiding IN a game! I've found several lost treasures that way. (...And there was much rejoicing...)

I have definitely done that, My favorite is when I open up a boardgame and find money! Usually I had some cash at a convention, and was wearing shorts with no pocket, and threw it in a gamebox so I wouldn't lose it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
BradyLS wrote:

I have definitely done that, My favorite is when I open up a boardgame and find money! Usually I had some cash at a convention, and was wearing shorts with no pocket, and threw it in a gamebox so I wouldn't lose it.

Can I borrow some of your games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Mayhew
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Now you lost "the" game. :devil:

The moment I saw the title of this thread, I indeed lost The Game, too! And loss needs to be announced!

Verkisto, sure hope you'll find it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
CounterDax wrote:
The moment I saw the title of this thread, I indeed lost The Game, too! And loss needs to be announced!

Yeah, but I won a few months ago:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
mb
BradyLS wrote:
Possibly, it's hiding IN a game!

This is a Kosmos big-box game. I don't think it's possible to fit it in another game, especially since I don't own Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) or StarCraft: The Board Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ross
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not going down alone.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/147187

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought 3 copies of Sorry Sliders last year at Walmart when they were $10 a piece. I was planning on giving them as gifts. So I sent one off to a friend, kept one, and the last one vanished.

As in gone daddy gone. Couldn't find the damn thing anywhere. Started to think that maybe someone had stolen it, maybe I had left it at my mother's house, maybe I had thrown it away...

6 months later cleaning out my daughter's closet (she was 18 months old at the time) I find a cardboard box in the corner that has, you guessed it, my missing copy of Sorry Sliders sitting in it.

Don't worry man, it will turn up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Madsen
Sweden
Bandhagen
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:

I even looked behind the games on my IKEA shelf. It's not there! I can't remember what I did with the stupid game, but I do remember opening and punching it.

Just wait until you find the empty counter sprues in the game closet, and realise that you threw away... nooooo!

/kgm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
mb
UndeadViking wrote:
Don't worry man, it will turn up.

Oh, I'm sure. I was just hoping to take it with me to a convention this weekend.

What's really weird is that this isn't the first time it's happened. I've lost a copy of Odin's Ravens, along with a collection of Little Dee comic strips. All I can figure there is that we left a box behind when we last moved, because I saw both of them when we were still living in our apartment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Witch of Salem doesn't want to be found! This is all about the insanity thing! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of the time I threw out my Engrish rules to Shogun along wiht all the 10 other language rulebooks I meant to throw out! Doh!

My wife and I and some friends believe my copy of Hexen is possessed. I think they make the die out of chopped up Ouija boards.........:zombie:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Time Travel.

I Blame it on time travel. At some point in the future you will become a time traveller and some point after that you will want to play a game. So you will come back in time to your home (you have a key after all) and grab the game. It's just you forgot what date you took it from (you were in a rush and didn't write it down ... it happens). Since you don't want to risk destroying space and time by putting the game back in your house BEFORE you bought it, you left it safely in the future.

One day you will find it in your house and say, "I though I looked there". When you do, just remember, Time Travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Witzany
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElCid91 wrote:
Time Travel.

I Blame it on time travel. At some point in the future you will become a time traveller and some point after that you will want to play a game. So you will come back in time to your home (you have a key after all) and grab the game.

Unfortunately, that means he's going to get the game back shortly but then lose it again--that's why he's going to have to go back in time in the first place.

On the other hand, realizing all this, he may never go back in time to drop the game off again. In which case he really _will_ have lost the game, which means... zombielaughzombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russell
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erniepaul wrote:
Maybe Witch of Salem doesn't want to be found! This is all about the insanity thing! :goo:

After all, it is "Der Hexer.."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have a look through my games and see if it's turned up here - I'll get back to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
fuldhim wrote:
ElCid91 wrote:
Time Travel.

I Blame it on time travel. At some point in the future you will become a time traveller and some point after that you will want to play a game. So you will come back in time to your home (you have a key after all) and grab the game.

Unfortunately, that means he's going to get the game back shortly but then lose it again--that's why he's going to have to go back in time in the first place.

On the other hand, realizing all this, he may never go back in time to drop the game off again. In which case he really _will_ have lost the game, which means... :zombie::laugh::zombie:

Good point ... except that, since traveling through time uses energy and stuff and if he was closer in time and space to his home here then he was to his home in the future ... he would drop in here, grab the game and bring it back after playing. Just on a later date.

Just like if you go on vacation and realize you forgot your tooth brush. You don't drive all the way home to get it, you just buy a new one, since in the long run, it's cheaper.

He'll find the game soon enough and that should prove my point. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
mb
I found it last night while straightening up my game room. I had stuck it in the place where Kingsburg usually goes, because I was able to fit it and all the expansion pieces into the box for Kingsburg: To Forge a Realm. I just looked right over it when I was searching this weekend, because I wasn't expecting to see it there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mossman
United States
Gaithersburg
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very glad to hear it has been recovered.

In another 24 hours, I would have called the milk carton people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found a game. How did I end up with two copies of Lungarno when I wasn't sure I even wanted one? (Actually, that's probably easy to explain -- I kept thinking I hadn't bought it, so I probably used it to get free shipping one time and then bought it on sale another).

I don't usually like tile-laying games much, but we stayed at Hotel Lungarno on our babymoon, so there's a sentimental association. On the other hand, both my husband and I feel strongly that any game with that name should be a pastry-fueled duck race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That happened to me once with TI3. I looked all over for it.

Turns out I was sitting on it the whole time. I thought it was the couch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.