Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Match-Makers english rules are ready, but written by me, a non-native-speaker. Before making the game available at http://thegamecrafter.com, I'd like a (preferably hypercritical) native speaker to have a look.

You'd probably want to know a bit about the game before shouting Let me be your slave.

2 Players, Age 18+, Duration: ~30 minutes

Components:
72 Character cards (36 female, 36 male), each showing three interests.
24 Marriage License cards (events, new rules and game end card)

Goal:
Build married couples with highest tallied value. Each couple scores points for their total number of interests, with common interests being counted only once. Thus a married couple scores from 3P (all interests in common) to 6P (no common interests).

Short game overview:
On your turn, you have 4 options, but you can choose only one:
a) draw cards ( draw two cards, one placed face up, one into hand)
b) make a match (lay a woman and a man face up in front of you)
c) strengthen a relationship (engagement: let a face up couple overlap - or marriage: turn an overlapping couple face down, and draw a marriage license)
d) seduce an opponent's caracter (lay a woman and a man face up in front of you, but take one of them from your opponent's face up cards. If that card is a single, you need one common interest. If it's in an enamored couple, you need one more common interest than the present partner, or two more common iterest if it's in an engaged couple).

Marriage licenses trigger one-shot events, or introduce rule changes.

Please send a geekmail if you volunteer. All I can offer in exchange is
- proof reading of german rules (very unlikely you'll need that one)
- a listing in the game credits
- PNP game material (for personal use only)

have fun

Andreas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in taking a look for you. I have a very critical eye, noticing things like extra spaces even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lil Red Head wrote:
I'm interested in taking a look for you.I have a very critical eye, noticing things like extra spaces even.

That's perfect, although I'm more worried about style than extra spaced. E.g. the three states of a couple are enamored, engaged and married, and I'm not sure whether enamored is ok there or whether it should be doting, amatory, amorous, ...
In love would be more natural, but I want it to be a single word.

I sent you a geek mail with the rules link

have fun

Andreas

Edit: forgot to say 'Thank you'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bond
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
If you happen to be still in need, I'd be interested in proofing your rules. It would be a nice chance to let out my inner grammar geek.

It usually just makes people hate me for being picky.

-Hunter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HunterBond wrote:
If you happen to be still in need, I'd be interested in proofing your rules. It would be a nice chance to let out my inner grammar geek.

Sorry for not giving an update. Match Makers is already available at thegamecrafter.com. Mr. biggamenerd was so kind as to have a look on the rules . But as a german saying goes, "four eyes see more than two". So any comments are most welcome.

HunterBond wrote:
It usually just makes people hate me for being picky.

I'd love to hate you on that account.

have fun

Andreas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.