Popular Tags: [View All]
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I'm thinking about buying this game, but in every review I read I haven't see other reason to atack than win a lot of points. The provinces on the map seems like all are almost the same, there is not any advantage in any of them to fight for, nor spatial based strategy. I'm getting it right?

So, what's the major reasong to fight, and how often do you fight in the game? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think the reason to fight n senji is twofold:

first there is the gained honor, of course: the more armies you defeat, the more honor you gain.

and, secondly, with every new province you conquer to your fold you gain one more order to give per year. and by that you are able to gain more hanafuda cards by producing or armies by recruiting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
i think the reason to fight n senji is twofold:

first there is the gained honor, of course: the more armies you defeat, the more honor you gain.

and, secondly, with every new province you conquer to your fold you gain one more order to give per year. and by that you are able to gain more hanafuda cards by producing or armies by recruiting!

That's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combats are to win some provinces to earn you more actions in the next rounds. If it's an enemy provinces with a lot of army units, you gain honor points by defeating them.

BTW, in our last game, the winner didn't involve in any fight. He drew and drew cards and surprised everyone in the end by scoring big. The fight is very costly and it's almost a pure luck.

I don't think it is a game for players who expect a territory-fighting wargame. It's more of negotiation, of diplomacy and a bit like MahJong to collect combos to score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.