Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We mostly play with only two or three investigators and Dunwich can get really nasty very quickly, especially with Dark Young and suchlike. So, yeah, I feel your pain!

goo

Of course, sometimes it's just a sleepy little backwater and you don't hear a peep out of the place . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Singular Vortex, plural vortices.

Are you moving monsters during the Mythos Phase 5? A monster's symbol should be coming up roughly once every 6 turns. Sounds like there is something you might not be doing right here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what gives AH it's replay factor. I've had games that went both ways, plenty of yellow-bordered monsters and monsters whose symbols just don't get selected or they're flying into the vortices like there's no tomorrow.

With a few more plays, you should see it even out.

Had a game the other day in which seven of the first nine mythos cards had the square-diamond-circle symbols on them. What I really needed was a hex.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's all about the theme!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Singular Vortex, plural vortices.

Are you moving monsters during the Mythos Phase 5? A monster's symbol should be coming up roughly once every 6 turns. Sounds like there is something you might not be doing right here.

Actually a monster's symbol roughly every 3 turns. A monster symbol with a particular color comes up every six turns. There are only three symbol groupings on the Mythos cards plus their color reverses (plus no symbols and all symbols).

Still that's not all the many. I think most players overestimate the number of Mythos phases in a game. My games average about 16 (and I've played over 200 games) with 3-4 players. So the first monster might move 5 times in the game. Monsters arriving later of course move progressively less.

In addition there's (too) high a percentage of stationary monsters and/or flying monsters. So monsters can pile up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Herold
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what after our second game with Dunwich we house-ruled that green-bordered, yellow-bordered and light blue-bordered monsters can not appear on a gate in Dunwich, just keep drawing until you get one of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's all about the theme!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bassoon Boy wrote:
That's what after our second game with Dunwich we house-ruled that green-bordered, yellow-bordered and light blue-bordered monsters can not appear on a gate in Dunwich, just keep drawing until you get one of the others.

I've played a couple of games where all monsters except green bordered monsters are moved in Dunwich. The vortex pulls them. In neither case did the Dunwich Horror come out. On the other hand, I made sure an investigator was up there as soon as the first gate came out to defeat the monsters that came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.