Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just opened our copy of Memoir 44 and began to set up the first scenario, 'Pegasus Bridge', when we discovered we didn't have enough hex tiles. Does anyone know how to figure out what we should have? Being double sided it makes it difficult to inventory. The game came with 44 tiles as stated in the instructions but where we needed 14 straight river tiles we only have 8...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Let's Play Two!
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ours is the same -- we just use some of the wavy river tiles in place of the straight river tiles. I figure that's what they intended, but don't know why they couldn't just show it that way in the illustration. Kinda annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just figuring that out now. It appears to be the same way with the towns as well. We went on to the next scenario and it called for 6 towns which all look the same but we only had 3. We have other towns though so it looks like they use them more generically in the scenario setups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the "straight" river tiles have a little bit of a bend in them, but they still enter/exit out opposite sides of the hex.

Edit: Ah, reading your second post, I think that is it. All the "villages" are the same. The fact that they have different designs is just flavor. Similarly, a bend in the river piece doesn't make it not "straight" as long as it enters/exits opposite sides of the hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.