14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Wolf of the Week #106: Cmot Dribbler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wotw [+] [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
The time has come to pass on the honor of Wolf of the Week. The newest recipient is Cmot Dribbler:

Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Alright, let's try this,

Born in Calgary, Alberta, raised on boardgames like Rail Baron, and Civilization, there have always been boardgames in the house (I didn't play my first game of Monopoly until I was 15 years old.)

It wasn`t until my flex year after High School that in a small town in Quebec where I was introduced to a game named Settlers of Catan, did I become a BoardGame Geek.
From there I came to this website of glory, and made peace with my inner nerd.
It was during my college days and subsequent starting of the local boardgaming group that I was introduced to a game called WereWolf. I managed to play a few games now and then, but it was always hard to get a big enough group of people together.

It was when I got the job at the bank that gave me the free time to spend hours a day reading hundereds of forum posts about sneaky backstabbing wolves that I finally got my chance to become a part of this smaller BGG community.

And somehow it has lead to this, even though my only stint as a wolf had me lynched D2 I am honoured by this chance, and thank you all for my nomination (all one of you!)

W00t w00t!

Two truths and a Lie eh?

I have gone Geocaching in three countries
One of these countries was in Japan
One of these caches was full of meeples

I'll start it off with a few questions:

-What is your favorite role to play?
-In general, do you prefer good or evil?
-Looking at your Cassie profile, you played a few games, left, then came back for more. Why'd you decide to come back?
-Re: your Discworld username: why CMOT Dribbler?

And I'll go with #1 as the lie: you've been to more than three countries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Favourite colour?

ninja or arrrh?

zombie or robot?

White cougar or black elaphant?

Green cat or blue dog?

What was your favourite game?

Favourite werewolf theme? (if not the same)

Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

-What is your favorite role to play?

I like Good Special, Bodyguards, Seers, Masons, being part of a team, helping out, and being different. Everygame the specials are all a bit different too which makes each one unique.

ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

-In general, do you prefer good or evil?

Good usually, but being able to everyonce in a while take a stab at being evil for the change of pace and seeing how the other side lives (or dies) is fun.

ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

-Looking at your Cassie profile, you played a few games, left, then came back for more. Why'd you decide to come back?

I stopped playing when I quit my job at the bank, it was much harder to make lynch times or pay attention to all the forums without those 8 hours a day with nothing else to do . I came back because I missed it, a friend of mine (theanykey) was talking about playing similar games on a the EVE forums, and I was like oh yeah, I played much cooler games on BGG. and started up again. But with school starting next month we will see how long I can keep playing

ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

-Re: your Discworld username: why CMOT Dribbler?

Oh there's a long story. I started using the name over 10 years ago as my online alias, while I was on a big Discworld kick, I was playing some online Cribbage and needed a username. So I pulled one from the last book I read Moving Pictures.
It actually took me about 2 years to realize it was a type CMOT Dibbler, not Dribbler. But at that point I had started using names in all sorts of forums and online groups. So I stuck with it.
These days I usually try and go with simply Dribbler but whenever that is taken I always have CMOT to fall back on.

Dekal wrote:
Favourite colour?

Green

Dekal wrote:

ninja or arrrh?

ninja

Dekal wrote:

zombie or robot?

ninja

Dekal wrote:

White cougar or black elaphant?

Cougar

Dekal wrote:

Green cat or blue dog?

Cat

Dekal wrote:

What was your favourite game?

favorite game of WW you mean? Right now I would have to say the resitance game I am in. It's simple enough that there are not a lot of hidden roles or behind the scenes happenings, but complex enough that you really have to think about what is going on, and what strategies people are using.

Dekal wrote:

Favourite werewolf theme? (if not the same)

So far was the Fallout game, but I died very quickly in that one, so didn't get a chance to play it very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Cmot Dribbler! I hope we get to play together in a game soon.

What word would you use to describe werewolf?

Are you a cylon?

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

Enjoy your week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_SelenA_ wrote:

EEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!

_SelenA_ wrote:

Are you a cylon?

*gets out his operating manual* It says I'm made by Microsoft.... draw your own conclusions....

_SelenA_ wrote:

I was always a big fan of Belle, fiesty, intellegent, willing to take risks, and can wack a wolf in the chops with a big stick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cmot Dribbler wrote:
_SelenA_ wrote:

EEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!

laugh
What a great answer!

Cmot Dribbler wrote:
_SelenA_ wrote:

I was always a big fan of Belle, fiesty, intellegent, willing to take risks, and can wack a wolf in the chops with a big stick!

I've never thought of Belle like that before. How could I have forgotten about the wolf scene, I am so ashamed! She has always been one of my least favorites but I think you may have just changed that.

Also, I am going to guess #3 is the lie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love how many likes green

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
Congrats Cmot!

How tall are you?

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Have you ever traveled outside the US? Where? Where was your favorite? Where was your least favorite? Why?

Do you have any pets?

If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be? (Pretend it could be domesticated if you want to choose a wild animal.)

Do you play video games?

Least favorite board game? Why?

What board game do you recommend everyone should try?

Are you a Eurogamer, an Ameritrash fan, both, neither, or something else entirely?

What's your favorite emoticon?

What's your favorite month?

What languages do you speak?

I don't know you very well... Tell me 3 random things about yourself.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

If/when technology gets to that point, would you rather live in an underwater city, a city in the clouds, a colony in outer space, or stay on terra firma?

What is your dream job?

What's keeping you from it?

What is your blood type?

Are you a wolf?

If you had to liken your playstyle to another member of the WW community, who would you pick and why?

Enjoy your week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja

Congrats dude!

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I posted a question would you be more likely to interpret it literally or as a metaphoric reference to something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why are you so awesome that you managed to attract a stray Hawke?

Essay format, use no less than 300 words, turn it in by Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSparky wrote:

How tall are you?

I am of the 6 foot 4 inches variety

TheSparky wrote:

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Super Knowledge

TheSparky wrote:

Have you ever traveled outside the US? Where? Where was your favorite? Where was your least favorite? Why?

Well I've been to Canada alot.... heck I'm there right now, as well as traveled to Mexico.
I like Canada the best *nods*

TheSparky wrote:

Do you have any pets?

Nope

TheSparky wrote:

If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be? (Pretend it could be domesticated if you want to choose a wild animal.)

Jaguar

TheSparky wrote:

Do you play video games?

Oh yes.

TheSparky wrote:

Least favorite board game? Why?

Monopoly, Not entirely because I find it to be a horrible boring game, but because of the reputation it has given the outside world about boardgames, people never stop to think there might be something more out there.. why bother when they have Monopoly...

TheSparky wrote:

What board game do you recommend everyone should try?

Win, Lose, or BANANA!

TheSparky wrote:

Are you a Eurogamer, an Ameritrash fan, both, neither, or something else entirely?

I guess both, or something else entirely, I like both, but for the most part I consider myself a "Gamer" You name it I will Game it.

TheSparky wrote:

What's your favorite emoticon?

o.O;

TheSparky wrote:

What's your favorite month?

o.O;

TheSparky wrote:

What languages do you speak?

Well? none.

TheSparky wrote:

I don't know you very well... Tell me 3 random things about yourself.

People Don't know me very well,
I only eat about once a day,
I've lost teeth due to bad oral hygiene

TheSparky wrote:

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

With someone I love

TheSparky wrote:

If/when technology gets to that point, would you rather live in an underwater city, a city in the clouds, a colony in outer space, or stay on terra firma?

Outer Space, I like the dark and the quiet.

TheSparky wrote:

What is your dream job?

Making people happy

TheSparky wrote:

What's keeping you from it?

Nothing.

TheSparky wrote:

What is your blood type?

AB-

TheSparky wrote:

Are you a wolf?

I'm a Banana!

TheSparky wrote:

If you had to liken your playstyle to another member of the WW community, who would you pick and why?

Hmmm, there is a tricky qustion, I've only been in about a dozen games, I usually die early, the last two game that I haven't stretched out to the point they over lapped a vacation and I missed a bunch of it.
I don't really know other people's playstyles that well.

Redhawke wrote:
If I posted a question would you be more likely to interpret it literally or as a metaphoric reference to something else?

I would interpret it as a dervitave of a mental state akin to someone attempting to wax philisophical about a non linear suppurative derived from an attempt to attribute unkown variable upon an internet conversation.

Kaldar wrote:

I was on the road on Monday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cmot Dribbler wrote:

Kaldar wrote:

I was on the road on Monday

You have been docked 2 letter grades already. Don't make me make your essay an automatic F.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first guy I asked to be WotW hasn't gotten back to me... I will try again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.