Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas London
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, so the new cylon leaders in the expansion are Caprica 6, Cavil, and.........unknown. Who do you think it is?

I suppose it could be Sharon, but that would be a bit of a ripoff since Boomer is already in the game....I'm thinking maybe
Spoiler (click to reveal)
D'anna
since she had such a huge role on New Caprica and all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's either that or:

Leoben

I'd bet anything it's one of those two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Carew
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I am betting the second one. I base this purely on how big of a role they have in later seasons. The second ones role seems to become less and less, while the first continues to be influential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am betting the 1st one. She was more of a leader than any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will concur. First one seems more likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Carew
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Perhaps. I still say his role was big enough to warrant one and cannot see him getting one later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but which of the two played a bigger role on New Caprica? I think she did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it'll be

That black guy who pretends to be a doctor on Caprica. I don't even know his name, but I fugure if it's him, I'll look like a genius.

ps - I really just wanted to see how the Spoiler thing worked.

edit - I think Patox beat me to it.

WooHoo, I got to learn the Edit feature, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
It's definitely not any of the other ones, since they mostly just stood in the background and dressed really well.

We agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gong
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
gotta say its danna cause they just came out with the lego mini for her

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mosier wrote:
True, but which of the two played a bigger role on New Caprica? I think she did.

Irrelevant. Gaeta played a bigger role on New Caprica than Dee, but he's not there. If you think Gaeta has to be a Military Leader, then he played a bigger role on NC than Cain (though, of course, how do you have a Pegasus expansion without Cain?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Carew
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I would agree. And this reinforces my point a bit as I think that Gaeta still maintains a larger role later, whereas Dee's role later is not quite as relevant.

From the choices thus far, it seems like they are taking a bit of a far reaching stance rather then a pure flavor one with regards to which characters make the cut.

I base this nearly entirely off the fact that many of the human characters don't even make it past this expansion with regards to its place in the show's timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking:

Number 8. I mean come on. Having Boomer and a cylon version in the same game... just cool

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Athena makes more sense the more I think about it.
Frankly, she is too important of a character to leave out, and the Boomer character doesn't do her justice.

Why? The Boomer character is the embodiment of the sleeper phase mechanic. It works very well for her. A character who probably starts out loyal but has a good chance of joining the cylon team at a later point. But this isn't anything like Athena.

Athena always knew that she was a cylon, but she became more and more sympathetic towards the humans and could pretty much be considered to be on the same team as them. This mechanic would be most accurately represented by a cylon leader character who has a sympathetic agenda and inflitrates the human fleet to play alongside them.

Adding Athena to a game that already has Boomer is not by any means repetitive. The characters themselves are quite different, and the mechanics that the characters would use in-game are different as well. One is a "human" character that is likely to be a sleeper agent, while the other is a cylon character who, like any other cylon leader, may sympathize with the humans. Simply taking Boomer's character and renaming it would not do at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Athena wouldn't make much sense due to a very simple reason:

At the start of the game the players are supposed to be humans who don't know who the Cylons are. If you put a Cylon Leader that looks exactly the same as a human player, well... guess what: the human isn't that human after all.

Moreover, a company is always trying to satisfy as many customers as possible. IMHO this is better achieved by providing an entirely new character and not one who has appeared before in a slightly different form. Thus I don't think FFG would choose Athena as the third Cylon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:

At the start of the game the players are supposed to be humans who don't know who the Cylons are. If you put a Cylon Leader that looks exactly the same as a human player, well... guess what: the human isn't that human after all.

Who says the human characters are aware of the identity of the cylon leader? I mean, heck, the humans figured out that Boomer was a cylon before they figured out about Cavil, but putting Cavil in the game as a cylon leader doesn't break anything.

Presumably, until Athena actually were to infiltrate the fleet, the humans would be unaware that she even exists, so Boomer could easily pass as a regular human. It might be a little confusing if Athena were to show up before Boomer revealed, and would certainly violate the plot, but a lot of stuff can happen in this game to violate the plot. It's no worse than Boomer not ending up a cylon (although thematically you could say that she is a cylon who is loyal to the humans in that case).

A board game has to let you explore a lot of "what-ifs" in order to be interesting. If I wanted to stick rigidly to the original plot, I would just watch the episodes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd listen to Cameron. His predictions have been scarily accurate so far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
From cameron's logic, Boomer could make sense. I think D'anna makes sense too, but I'd really like to see... Leoben. Even if he's less of a leader than the others, he's the ultimate manipulating Cylon to me, so I'll be glad to play it in the game.

Here's a video which sums up pretty well Leoben: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGJ_VDLPnww&feature=PlayList&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we will see a Athena character, but later down the line. My theory is that they'll save that minor controvosy until the game's a bit more established.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still stick by my guns of Number 3 (since i refuse to spoiler a name of a character revealed as a cylon like 3 years ago...) being the 3rd cylon leader. Leoben (revealed in the frakkin 1st season AND the base game... i am NOT hiding his name) wasn't really a leader type by the time of New Caprica... he was starting to get more existential and more hung up on Starbuck than wiping out (or really even dealing with) the human survivors. I think the key is, look who the Cylons are that are always hanging out in the president's office on NC; 6 (included in the expansion), Cavil (included in the expansion), 8 (included in the base set), 3 (as yet, unseen in the game). I think the answer is clear.

The only reason I could see Leoben being included is because if it is 3, then Cavil is the only male in what is basically a character hen-party. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
I still stick by my guns of Number 3 (since i refuse to spoiler a name of a character revealed as a cylon like 3 years ago...) being the 3rd cylon leader. Leoben (revealed in the frakkin 1st season AND the base game... i am NOT hiding his name) wasn't really a leader type by the time of New Caprica... he was starting to get more existential and more hung up on Starbuck than wiping out (or really even dealing with) the human survivors. I think the key is, look who the Cylons are that are always hanging out in the president's office on NC; 6 (included in the expansion), Cavil (included in the expansion), 8 (included in the base set), 3 (as yet, unseen in the game). I think the answer is clear.

The only reason I could see Leoben being included is because if it is 3, then Cavil is the only male in what is basically a character hen-party. laugh

I still think that all the Cylon models will be available eventually (yes, even Simon), so it's not beyond reason that Leoben would be in this one.

Maybe "Shack Up With Starbuck" will be an agenda card...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
I still think that all the Cylon models will be available eventually (yes, even Simon),

I doubt that... he just never really did anything except make a classic Star Wars quote in Daybreak...
bleached_lizard wrote:
Maybe "Shack Up With Starbuck" will be an agenda card...?

I know that'd be a personal agenda of mine...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Carew
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Lets not forget that the Agenda cards that cylon leaders receive are intended to show that the leaders are shifting their focus away from genocide. This means that they can put characters in who were not so focused on that with ease, so I am not sure human hate is a neccesary trait for the leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brinks
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgong101 wrote:
gotta say its danna cause they just came out with the lego mini for her

Where and how much!?

I did a google search, but didn't see anything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.